Join the UK Hub on EchoLink or AllStar:
ian abel (G3ZHI)
March 7, 2014
Add a comment about this article!
The UK Hub
What is the UK Hub?
The UK Hub is a network of simplex links and repeaters linked together by AllStar and EchoLink.
What is it for?
Its purpose is to increase activity on links and repeaters that are quiet and to create new friends and build international bridges between different countries.
Can anyone join?
Yes. There are a few options available:
1. Full time member: Become a full time member of the network and leave your link permanently connected at all times, this does not mean you cannot connect to other nodes while connected to the UK HUB, but we would ask you do not connect multiple linked systems or reflectors.
2. Part time member: Leave your node connected on a part time basis and please follow the rules of courtesy to other members.
3. Adhoc member: You come and go as you please, but agree to abide by the rules of courtesy to other members.
Rules of courtesy to other members
1. Please ensure you leave a full 4 second gap between over's, this is to allow repeaters and simplex nodes to dekey.
2. Please do not use Full Duplex for more than 3 minutes as nodes and repeaters in the system will time out.
3. If you want to have a long conversation with someone using full duplex, you are welcome to stay but please respect rule #2 and if appropriate, leave the network and come back when you're finished.
4. The network is for everyone, so please welcome any break stations or newcomers and afford them every courtesy.
5. ENJOY THE NETWORK!!!!
Current membership is relatively small, we have 3 American repeaters on the east coast and approximately 4 nodes connected permanently to the network.
About the UK HUB System
The HUB is primarily an AllStar Node with Echolink capability.
It uses a HP MicroServer N40L which is a 1.5GHz dual core Turion processor with 2GB RAM, this currently runs at between 10% - 18% of used resources.
The node has a 38MBps connection which is unlimited. This is done by ADSL to a fibre connection point at the end of the street, which effectively brings the DTE within 300 metres of the server location.
So How do I Connect
If you have Allstar I would encourage you to use this over Echolink as the codec is better and it keeps the echolink connections free for Echolink only simplex nodes.
See who is connected live
Questions - How Do I get into AllStar?
Please contact me, M0NCZ my details are on QRZ.
There is nothing like being connected all over the world via your handheld.
Neikolas Czernuszka M0NCZ
AllStar UK HUB node 27066
Echolink UK HUB 935966 (M0NCZ-L)
Tel: +44(0)7919 048347
There are no comments on this article: