New to Ham Radio?
DX Cluster Spots
eHam Help (FAQ)
Support the site
The eHam Team
eHam.net Classifieds Detail
Scam Prevention Tips
SCAM PREVENTION INFORMATION.
DON'T SEND MONEY OR GOOD TO ANYONE IF:
1. the other person won't send you their phone number
2. the other person only responds during time zones of other continents but uses a local call-sign
3. the phone number area code doesn't match the corresponding area in the National Call-Sign Registry
4. the other person asks you to make a payment to a person other than the name of the call sign owner
5. the other person wants to pay you with Western Union
6. the email address does not match that listed on QRZ page. Be cautious as the QRZ profile could also be fake.
7. the mailing address does not match the National Government Call Sign Registry address for that call-sign.
HELPFUL TIPS TO AVOID SCAMS:
1. Receive payments by U.S. Postal Money Order which can be verified and cashed at any U.S. Post Office.
2. Only send payments or ship items to addresses listed on the National Government Call-Sign Registry site.
3. Overseas scammers will usually communicate with you in their time zones.
4. Be cautious of fake QRZ page information. Rely only on National Call-Sign Registry.
5. Confirm QRZ information with National Call-Sign registry data.
6. Do google searches of names, call-signs, and email addresses and see what comes up.
7. Use online 411 lookups and call the person to see if it is a scam or not.
8. Trust your instincts. If you feel something isn't right just don't do it.
Email: **Please Login To send an email**
Email this to a friend!