$375 - One year old.
DX Engineering RF-PRO-1B® Active Magnetic Loop Antennas (formerly Pixel and InLogis) are designed for reception of signals over the frequency range of 100-kHz to 30-MHz. They can be mounted to a pole, mast or any flat surface. They include an integral, extra-high dynamic range, low-noise preamplifier that is designed for minimum intermodulation distortion in the presence of very high-level signals that would normally overload most preamplifiers.
Most active antennas are whip types and respond mainly to the time-varying electrical-field portion of an electro-magnetic radio wave. The magnetic loop responds primarily to the magnetic field and thus ensures high rejection of nearby electric fields. The intensity of the electric field is usually higher than the magnetic field when an antenna is close to interference sources such as TVs, fluorescent lamps, power line wiring etc. By rejecting the electric field there is a reduction in local interference compared to other types of active and passive antennas.
Interference reduction is further enhanced by the deep nulls of the antenna's directional pattern that can be used to "null out" or reduce interference coming from a specific localized direction.
Details of DXE-RF-PRO-1B® loop antennas:
* A great receive solution for 630 meters
* Very low IMD, 30 dB Low-Noise Preamplifier insures good performance in both strong and weak signal environments
* Up to 30 dB rejection of locally radiated noise compared to whip antennas
* Figure eight directivity provides deep nulls to further reduce interference
* Primary coverage range: 100 kHz to 30 MHz (wider coverage with reduced specifications)
* Rejects power line noise
* Rugged construction, easily mounts to a pole or flat vertical surface
* No manual tuning necessary
* No Home Owners Association problems; low profile and works at close to ground level
* Modular design for easy installation and maintenance
* Internal Transmit/Receive keying relay disconnects Antenna/Preamp from your receiver when transmitting
* Same item and quality as Pixel Technologies RF-PRO-1B
* This is a receive-only antenna. DO NOT connect the RF-PRO-1B® to a transmitter or the power injector and preamplifier would be damaged
Many hams are finding that having separate receive and transmit antennas can yield advantages. These receive-only antennas are also a sure-fire way to cover the new 630-meter allocation!
For Amateur Radio operators, AM DXers and Short-Wave Listeners, these active loop antennas are a great way to extend your listening ability. Get one of your own DX Engineering RF-PRO-1B® Active Magnetic Loop Antennas and start hearing signals with less noise!