Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SCS PTC-IIpro -> RS-232  (Read 737 times)
VE1IO

Ignore
« on: February 17, 2009, 09:17:49 AM »

Hi, i have a friend that is trying to hook up his Icom 7000 to his SCS PTC-IIpro modem via RS-232.
We tried to use the Paclink software but it just does not want to connect to COM1.  It says something about that it cannot connect and to recycle the power.
When I try HyperTerminal in XP to connect it works fine as I can type Hayes commands like ATZ and it says OK or whatever.  
** Does the modem have to be in a special mode to work with PAClink?
Anyone have a SCS pro modem and use the PAClink software?  Is there special settings that I need to have in Device Manager?  Seems to me in the software it is set to 8,N,1.
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 12:18:20 PM »

You sure that Hyperterm isn't talking to the modem in the computer? I didn't think the PTC-II used any Hayse commands. Maybe the software can't find the PTC-II because an internal modem is using COM1.
N5PVL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 01:52:41 PM »

After watching WinLink stations on HF interfere with legal, legitimate QSO's for years, there's not enough money in the world to entice me to help one of those Lids hook that crap up.

73 DE Charles Brabham, N5PVL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: