Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fldigi questions  (Read 3116 times)
AD9DX

Ignore
« on: December 16, 2012, 06:02:03 PM »

Two hopefully easy questions about Fldigi.

1. Every time I close the Fldigi program, the macros I edit.  ie. the SK and the Brag I change up a bit.  I don't really want to tell everyone God Bless at the end of every QSO and I don't want to give out all the info on the Brag key.  and add my QSL info to that one.  How can I keep the edits when I shut the program down.

2. I am using my Yaesu FT-2000D and a Signalink USB through the 5 pin din in the back for communication.  How do I get the frequency to display on the Fldigi program screen?

Thanks again for all your help and support.  As I have said before, I am woefully inept with computers. 

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
NF9K

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 06:51:17 PM »

1). I've run into the same problem.  There is a setting in the config to save macros on exit, but I've still lost macros. Now, every time I make a change, I manually save the macro file. I will admit that I have tested this with the last couple of releases. Now the manual saving process is almost second nature.

2).  I have an FT-950, not an FT-2000. However, I don't believe the freq info is available through the data din plug. You need to use the DB9 CAT plug for that info as it falls more under radio control.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 07:16:47 PM »

I got the Macros to save.  Thanks for your help;

The DB9 cable you are talking about.... Is that the "band data" cable that the Quadra would use?

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
NF9K

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 07:32:20 PM »

1). Outstanding. Maybe I need to revisit the auto save option.....

2). The DB9 port is labeled CAT on the back of my 950 and is a serial connection for RIG control. I have an LDG tuner that uses it to put the radio into AM and drop the power during the tune cycle. The LDG has a pass-through for the CAT port that allows my Mac Mini to connect inline for MacLoggerDX which does my rig control. The band data cable (CT-118) you refer to, from what I'm able to research connects to the tuner DIN on the back of the radio and splits into a DB15 for band data and an RCA for ALC on the amp.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: