Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LINUX PSK31  (Read 2610 times)
KE7EOZ

Ignore
« on: March 12, 2008, 12:09:26 PM »

Does anybody know if Digipan or any other PSK31 software runs under LINUX
KV9U

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 06:32:12 PM »

I think that Digipan is a Windows program, but there are digital sound card programs that run under Linux such as gmfsk. At the current time the most advanced program of this type is fldigi from Dave Freese, W1HJK at:

w1hkj.com

Also, Linux is the only OS that currently supports PSKmail and the servers for this mode.

WA7NCL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 08:17:24 AM »

use one of the linux native psk programs like gmfsk, linpsk or fldigi.

I have also run digipan using a windows virtual machine under linux, but thats cheating Smiley
VU2LID

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 01:05:17 PM »

I used to work on PSK31 a lot using Linux in 2001. Even at that time (7 years back) there were plenty of PSK31 programs for Linux ( check the old screenshots http://shipwreck.yi.org/psk31logs/ ). At that time kpsk seemed to be the best. fldigi seems to be very popular now.
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 07:14:14 PM »

I just asked the same question on the 070 PSK club's yahoo group.  :-)  Been inactive a couple of years, switched to linux at home since the last time I was active, and now need new software.  After several positive recommendations, I got "fldigi" from W1HJK's website on my laptop last night, and it's fast and easy to install and configure.  Looks great!  I still don't have an antenna up but fldigi looks like a very fast-and-easy way to go.  It also has a rig-control feature I want to play with some time.  73 & GL!  --ken
N5PJY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 04:56:30 PM »

fldigi is an excellent multi digital mode for Linux. It even has rig controls as well. I would highly reccomend it.

Tommy (N5PJY)
NA4IT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 05:54:26 PM »

Puppy Linux with FLDigi feeding a Signalink USB... works circles around Windoze...
KV9U

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 08:25:37 PM »

Fldigi is one of the best of the current multimode digital sound card programs. It is the only one that works cross platform and works just as well on Windows Vista and XP as it does on Linux, FreeBSD, or Mac OSX.

It can not compete with the ultra high end programs currently only available on MS Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7, particularly Ham Radio Deluxe/Digital Master 780, which has full rig control, but it has all of the popular modes as well as interfacing with flarq to provide the NBEMS Narrow Bandwidth Emergency Messaging System) ARQ messaging that will not be available on HRD/DM780.

Similarly, fldigi also works under MS-Windows programs to provide a client for the PSKmail system using the new java program.

I have run Fldigi on Linux a few years ago on one of my cmputers, and now running it on XP and Vista, and find it very competitive, no matter what the platform.

You can expect to be quite pleased with fldigi.
N5PVL

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 12:31:47 PM »

I just use fldigi with Linux, but I've had good luck with it.

73 DE Charles, N5PVL
KC9LTO

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 08:28:56 AM »

I'm new to the digital world, and this conversation reminded me of something I've been wondering about:
I am starting to build one of the PSK-31 transceivers (20m) by small wonders lab.  Although it is supposed to work with Digipan on Windows, could this transceiver also work on Mac with something like Fldigi?

Thanks,
Ann, KC9LTO
VE3WMB

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 06:12:25 AM »

Yes the SWL PSK rigs will work with pretty much any computer platform and Digital mode software.

Michael VE3WMB

P.S. For what it is worth I run FLDIGI on Windows, Mac OS X and
Ubuntu Linux and it works flawlessly.
NT9M

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 06:22:20 PM »

Ann:

Your Small Wonders transceiver should work with any PSK software that uses a soundcard.  I believe it uses a VOX circuit so you're good to go with whatever software you choose.

Tim
W9THD
NT9M

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 06:22:34 PM »

Ann:

Your Small Wonders transceiver should work with any PSK software that uses a soundcard.  I believe it uses a VOX circuit so you're good to go with whatever software you choose.

Tim
W9THD
NT9M

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 06:23:09 PM »

Ann:

Tim
W9THD
KC9LTO

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 11:54:27 AM »

Thanks for the replies.  I look forward to experimenting with Fidigi, Cocoamodem, and digipan, as well as other software.
Ann
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: