The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SV2/SV1RP/T reported as QRV from Mt. Athos  (Read 11818 times)
AA6YQ

Ignore
« on: June 13, 2015, 01:20:11 PM »

Theodoros  SV1GRM informs DxCoffee readers: “GSV1RP as SV2/SV1RP/T Radio Amateur Activity from Mount Athos. ON the AIR … Now”

Was spotted by stations in EU and AS on 7010 from 1930Z to 2120Z on June 12. WFWL.

K0YQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 04:57:29 AM »

Stupid question - what does /T designate? 
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 05:01:38 AM »

I'll believe it when I believe it.....(Yogi Berra)

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

V
K3NRX

HS0ZIB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 05:52:57 AM »

Trespassing  Grin
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 07:37:46 AM »

Trespassing  Grin

Oh, God...Simon, that was funny!.....LOL...that made my morning!..... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin....

V
K3NRX

VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 07:49:33 AM »

The "/T" apparently is SV1RP's training of monks in Amateur Radio, according to a cluster announcement.

This may lead to more activity from Mt Athos?

Nothing but chaos after the apparent activity on 15 m this evening. Not a squeak heard from that place, as usual.

Luke VK3HJ
SV2GWY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 08:18:40 AM »

Indeed "/t" means training.

George SV1RP is an experienced CW operator and participated in several Contests and expeditions as CW "runner". Now he teaches few Monks the "magic key".

I beleive, this is the first step approaching "Holy Administration" (who gives ANY permissions for everything in Mt Athos) as the CW no more needed to get a ham licence !

In any case, this transmisssion is better ... than NO tx !

hope to be continued ....
K0YQ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 10:36:44 AM »

Thanks all for the info and the chuckle.  Smiley
ZL4PLM

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 04:46:09 PM »

who cares  Roll Eyes

this farce has run its course with me. And it won't be the  last time we see the same game being played out.

This whole deal and that of Vald UA4WHX leaves a poor taste in my mouth.

For one I couldn't care less if I work Mt Athos or not.

The position for me is clear ... either open it up and let others work from the DXCC or strike it off.

Others will no doubt have their views.

For me this whole discussion is worthless ... I'll not make honor role in my lifetime so who cares!

Cheers

Simon ZL4PLM
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 05:57:30 PM »

Well for those that do care, here's an update:

http://www.dx-world.net/sv2-sv1rp-t-mt-athos/

V
K3NRX

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 05:26:28 AM by K3NRX » Logged
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2015, 06:47:18 PM »

I have my doubts about this "training operation".

Would be nice, I guess, if true, for those needing Mt. Athos, but I just don't think its on the level.

Fr. Apollo would be somewhat up in arms and we would all know it, I believe.

73, Gene AF3Y

AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 08:50:22 PM »

I have my doubts about this "training operation".

Would be nice, I guess, if true, for those needing Mt. Athos, but I just don't think its on the level.

Fr. Apollo would be somewhat up in arms and we would all know it, I believe.

There are several monasteries on Mt. Athos; SV2/SV1RP/T may not be in Dochiariou, where Monk Apollo lives.

We'll see...

VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 01:20:54 AM »

I hope Geography is on the training syllabus!
VK3MEG

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 03:17:23 PM »

I'm in the I don't care category seriously if i hear him one day I'll try to work him but i don't care. the fact that he only works EU,ja and the US make the whole dxcc award thing a joke. same for alot of the dxpeditions from Africa and other places. its not sour grapes it reality. you guys have problems working other parts of the world near us and probably feel the same. i work what i can if i cant hear them to work them bad luck i missed ti9 big deal have a reasonable station and still get alot of satisfaction from playing this game. i also have at least another 15 to 20 year of operating left that's plenty of time, no  point in working them all this cycle there will be nothing left Cheesy

K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2015, 04:41:26 PM »

I'm in the I don't care category seriously if i hear him one day I'll try to work him but i don't care. the fact that he only works EU,ja and the US make the whole dxcc award thing a joke. same for alot of the dxpeditions from Africa and other places. its not sour grapes it reality. you guys have problems working other parts of the world near us and probably feel the same. i work what i can if i cant hear them to work them bad luck i missed ti9 big deal have a reasonable station and still get alot of satisfaction from playing this game. i also have at least another 15 to 20 year of operating left that's plenty of time, no  point in working them all this cycle there will be nothing left Cheesy

I feel the same way about the areas around China (which took me forever to finally get), Indo-China & Taiwan, & Hong Kong, etc....seems we all have our black holes.....If it's any consolation, I have yet to hear anyone from those areas singling out our particular part of the world.....let alone, elsewhere.....

V
K3NRX

P.S. FWIW...The latest from DX World is that SV1RP is now QRT and is returning to Athens....

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 04:49:43 PM by K3NRX » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: