The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Fool  (Read 6400 times)
KG7FIU

Ignore
« on: October 19, 2015, 05:01:58 AM »

There was once a wealthy amateur radio operator.

He thought to himself, "What shall I do? I have no place to store all my transceivers and linear amplifiers".
“Then he said, "This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my shack and build a more extravagant one, with a magnificent antenna farm and there I will store all my equipment. And I’ll say to myself, 'You have plenty of radios and towers laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.'”

But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get all the gear you have prepared for yourself?"  This is how it will be with those who store up things for themselves but are not rich in the sight of God. 

Luke 12:13-21
W8GP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 06:08:49 AM »

I have so much stuff that some days I don't even get on the air, I just go to the shack to admire all my stuff! Grin
K8PRG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 08:38:11 AM »

He with the most toys in the end.... wins.
Rick 19:10-15
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 09:39:51 AM »

GIMMY,GIMMY,GIMMY.
KD8TUT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 10:54:39 AM »

To combine religion with amateur radio is to take both topics too seriously.

Putting a Shatnerologist in a room full of ordinary people is like putting a velociraptor in a room full of wiener dogs.
NZ4ZN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 04:19:49 PM »

Or not seriously enough. (just a joke)
W4KYR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 05:04:11 PM »

Ham Radio IS a religion for some.

The internet and cellphone networks are great until they go down, what then? Find out here. 
https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,111948.0.html

Using Windows 98 For Packet...
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 01:28:54 AM »

The good Muslim goes on the Haj to Mecca at least once in his lifetime. The good ham does the same to Dayton.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 02:14:26 AM »

I don't know with whoms hands the Lord shall bestow thy gear but most likely the almighty eBayeth and its PayPal minions shall feast on at least 7% of Your equipment.

Rob

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
K8QV

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 06:19:07 AM »

He thought to himself, "What shall I do? I have no place to store all my transceivers and linear amplifiers".
“Then he said, "This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my shack and build a more extravagant one, with a magnificent antenna farm and there I will store all my equipment. And I’ll say to myself, 'You have plenty of radios and towers laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.'”

But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get all the gear you have prepared for yourself?"  This is how it will be with those who store up things for themselves but are not rich in the sight of God. 

Jesus told him, "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Until you've done that, don't preach to the rest of us.
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 07:09:31 AM »

And Hiram P. Maxim spake and said unto him, get ye to Dayton and there ye shall buy a bunch of rigs.  Does not the squirrel save nuts for the winter?  And so shall it be for ye who will save rigs for eye candy in your shack.  And he went and he looked upon the place of the Harra Arena and said it is good, I shall store radios. And he did.  So there.

W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 10:24:37 AM »

I thought Luke 12:13 was "Luke... I AM your father!"
K7MH

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2015, 10:34:00 AM »

I am all for the collector/repairer and restorers and not just of radios. If it weren't for them a LOT of older ham gear would just go to landfills.
Most restoring and a lot of repairing is VERY time consuming. More a labor of love than anything else. I like working on certain keys. I just brought two
TenTec KR20A keyers back to life to add to my meager collection which is on my lookup page on QRZ.com.

I don't know with whoms hands the Lord shall bestow thy gear but most likely the almighty eBayeth and its PayPal minions shall feast on at least 7% of Your equipment.
Ain't it the truth!! Grin
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2015, 11:43:06 AM »

And he went and he looked upon the place of the Harra Arena and said it is good,

Nobody would EVER say that about the Hara Arena!
DL8OV

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2015, 12:04:35 PM »

The good Muslim goes on the Haj to Mecca at least once in his lifetime. The good ham does the same to Dayton Friedrichshafen.

Sorry Peter, I just had to fix that minor error in your post  Grin One glance at the tented city that arises at the end of June each year will confirm that I'm right. The traditional white robe is however replaced by the latest HAMRADIO t-shirt.

Peter DL8OV
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: