Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YV0D - troubles  (Read 1099 times)
N4ZZK

Ignore
« on: August 02, 2004, 02:16:12 PM »

It seems the YV0D expedition to Aves has had it's share of troubles.  I managed to work them today and maybe on Sunday as well.  Not sure if it was really them, they were only on for a few minutes.

Seen spots expressing the difficulties and frustrations all around.  Pirates, dead computers, generators, delays on the landing, and the usual concerns about operating practices on both sides.

I feel certain when the details of their efforts are known, it will help us understand the challenges they had.   I've looked on the official web site

http://www.radioclubvenezolano.org/  

but not found any news or updates.  Heard they may be leaving the island early.  Does anyone know if details are available or where else to look?

73, Al
W1NK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 05:25:28 PM »

Although I haven't any news to share (I've never been privy to any Dxpedition's info), I have to agree... I don't think we'll fully appreciate the efforts of the YV0D team until they return and (hopefully) post a synopsis on their site.

And, while difficulties and frustrations (ie 1S back in the 80's is an *extreme* example of what these ops can be subjected to), as well as short tempers, of varying degrees are sure to abound with any Dxpedition, I have to admit to being absolutely AMAZED at what I've heard this afternoon on 20 phone.  IT9RYH was sending the same cw message over and over: "due to jamming pse stdby de IT9RYH". Not just for a few minutes but, judging by cluster spots, for what appeared to be a couple of hours!

Honestly after almost 30 years in ham radio, I thought I had heard it all.

Just had to vent....

ON4MGY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 10:47:50 AM »

The jamming by IT9RYH must have been on 14.195 .
He's always there, we all know him here in Europe. This idç°)'# has prevented me from working several DX-peditions or DX-stations because he just loves to transmit for hours with nobody to talk to. Always on 14.195 where you can find the DX. He even thinks from time to time he owns 14.195 KHz!!
I don't think he even has a valid license anymore.
Concerning YV0D, I still haven't heard them but we keep hopefull. I'm sure it's hard times for the operators on the island. Lets hope they can fix the problems and give a new IOTA to many of us.

73 and good DX

ON4MGY Nic
N4ZZK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 07:01:49 PM »

May only be qrv for a few more hours.

Heard they may be leaving tomorrow due to an approaching storm ... tropical depression.

KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2004, 05:46:22 PM »

We've seen large dx-peditions that seem to go off without a hitch, and they are great. But in a way, these guys had to fight off more of Murphy's wrath than the average dx-pedition does - and for that they deserve a very large debt of gratitude from the dx-ing community. You could tell from their ops that they were working as hard as anyone could to give Aves out to as many as possible.

PA1A

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 01:41:38 AM »

This is a message which I got from DJ7YE who is joining the IT9RYH skills.
Just for your information its hard to get them from this stage to Ham.

DJ7YE WROTE: Contesters offend against Amateur’s Code
Our Ham fathers have adopted good radio traditions over the years. Already in 1928, Paul M. Segal, W9EEA, composed an Amateur’s Code, which can be found in several ARRL publications.
The majority of all ham radio operators proudly uphold The Amateur’s Code but there is a substantial number of amateurs ignoring it.
Rule NUMBER ONE of this Code reads as follows:
“THE RADIO AMATEUR IS:
CONSIDERATE  …. Never knowingly operates in such a way as to lessen the pleasure of others.”
But what happens in all these contests on our bands?
In this chaos, which takes place every weekend, we find a vast majority of polite Amateurs who have to switch off their radio because the contesters tumult is absolutely unbearable.
This fact is more than enough to demonstrate the inconsiderateness of the contesters which obviously is a clear violation of the Code.
Whenever no-contesters complain about the problems with these people the contesters use to tell you that you have to go to the WARC bands to find a clear spot. This method to bow out other people is simply a rudeness and their argument unmasks the contesters once again as violators of the rule.
May the contesters up to this day have assured: ”We never knowingly lessened the pleasure of others” then this note may open their eyes and make them gain some knowledge of their doing. The old story of broad-mindedness and patience unmasks contesters as inconsiderate evildoers (“look at me and become aware of my important person”).
However: What comes FIRST is rule number one (read above). Whosoever violates this rule has no business to participate in the Amateur Radio Service.
By the way, considering the “Amateur Radio Service”: What about “fifty-nine” and “5nn”?  - Answer: It’s the language of Madhouse candidates - or the summit of stupidity.
The above mentioned rule certainly also applies to all people who consider 14.195 MHz a “frequency for rare DX”. Nobody has the right to keep this frequency clear for any kind of traffic.  If someone is using this frequency like IT9RYH all by himself or in contact with somebody else, others have to stay away – even the King of China. It’s a blessing to see IT9RYH telling the truth. A brilliant OLD MAN. His arguments are absolutely watertight. Only uninformed people and molesters who want to do him harm and who are up to mischief spread stupid pamphlets all over the internet. They unmask themselves as LIDS and KOOKS.

Regards
Bert - DJ7YE (42 years active in DX and in the “Amateur Radio business”)

PA1A

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004, 01:41:52 AM »

This is a message which I got from DJ7YE who is joining the IT9RYH skills.
Just for your information its hard to get them from this stage to Ham.

DJ7YE WROTE: Contesters offend against Amateur’s Code
Our Ham fathers have adopted good radio traditions over the years. Already in 1928, Paul M. Segal, W9EEA, composed an Amateur’s Code, which can be found in several ARRL publications.
The majority of all ham radio operators proudly uphold The Amateur’s Code but there is a substantial number of amateurs ignoring it.
Rule NUMBER ONE of this Code reads as follows:
“THE RADIO AMATEUR IS:
CONSIDERATE  …. Never knowingly operates in such a way as to lessen the pleasure of others.”
But what happens in all these contests on our bands?
In this chaos, which takes place every weekend, we find a vast majority of polite Amateurs who have to switch off their radio because the contesters tumult is absolutely unbearable.
This fact is more than enough to demonstrate the inconsiderateness of the contesters which obviously is a clear violation of the Code.
Whenever no-contesters complain about the problems with these people the contesters use to tell you that you have to go to the WARC bands to find a clear spot. This method to bow out other people is simply a rudeness and their argument unmasks the contesters once again as violators of the rule.
May the contesters up to this day have assured: ”We never knowingly lessened the pleasure of others” then this note may open their eyes and make them gain some knowledge of their doing. The old story of broad-mindedness and patience unmasks contesters as inconsiderate evildoers (“look at me and become aware of my important person”).
However: What comes FIRST is rule number one (read above). Whosoever violates this rule has no business to participate in the Amateur Radio Service.
By the way, considering the “Amateur Radio Service”: What about “fifty-nine” and “5nn”?  - Answer: It’s the language of Madhouse candidates - or the summit of stupidity.
The above mentioned rule certainly also applies to all people who consider 14.195 MHz a “frequency for rare DX”. Nobody has the right to keep this frequency clear for any kind of traffic.  If someone is using this frequency like IT9RYH all by himself or in contact with somebody else, others have to stay away – even the King of China. It’s a blessing to see IT9RYH telling the truth. A brilliant OLD MAN. His arguments are absolutely watertight. Only uninformed people and molesters who want to do him harm and who are up to mischief spread stupid pamphlets all over the internet. They unmask themselves as LIDS and KOOKS.

Regards
Bert - DJ7YE (42 years active in DX and in the “Amateur Radio business”)

JBD332

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 12:55:55 PM »

you are as stupid as it9ryh and these person is a problem for whole dx community,and is question of time when someone will pull his plug out!and old fool thinks the frequencie is from him!?!?!? idiot you and him.so have fun untill you can...73 fore the idiots,morons and selfish old asholes who lose there brain and gone soure...god bless and send them where are suppose to be!!!ciao!
M3XEK

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 04:35:20 AM »

it is clear if you speak to IT9RYH on 20 that he is not the jammer, but he is being the victim of  malicious jamming by several stations playing tape loops of his call over his contacts. I am infuriated by this stupid childish game, and this really brings down the good name of ham radio. I could count at least 3 stations trying to ruin contacts with this poor guy and I hope a few hams can get on a 'foxhunt' to track them down and cut their coax!
GM7SLZ

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 01:20:14 PM »

other stations are jamming it9ryh for the reason he is using that freq illegaly 14.195 is in the middle of the dx window, being an m3 and new to the hobby this means only weak dx stations in sought after places are to use these frequencies it9ryh and a few of his friends use these frequencies like they own them, i myself have heard  it9ryh try to block serious dx peditions which cost varying amounts of money to organise . you might say sicily is an island and he has every right to use this freq but africa is also an island ( surrounded by water ) most continents are surrounded by water  so he has no cause to use these frequencies unless contacting  weaker dx station after being called NOT otherwise,all ham operators want is peace on 14,195 and plenty of dx
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: