The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YAESU FT-60r Automatic Repeater Shift problems  (Read 2663 times)
KG5OOU

Ignore
« on: November 18, 2016, 08:05:30 AM »

I recently got my tech license and got the Ft-60r.  Trying to learn it and am having some success but it can be a bear.

I have operated it on repeater freqs in La, NH and Ma with very few problems. Last nite I tried to Tx on the local repeater and got the "ERROR" msg.  Spent some time looking at the manual and the offset for this freq was 5.00M.  I checked and some of my programmed frequencies in 2M the shift is .6 and some are 5M.  I manually changed it to .6M all was well.  Went to a different memory, came back to this freq and the offset now was back at 5.00M.

Back to the manual.  Found the "SHIFT" [45] function.   Checked that, it was at 5.00M, changed it back to .6M (while in the 2m band and in VFO mode).  I go away from that and go to MEM mode and the shift is back to 5.00M.  Checked back to [45] and it has changed back to 5.00M.

I guess I can shut the ARS function off but really don't want to.  The radio shouldn't being doing this.

Any ideas on what am I doing wrong? 

Thnx
Jim KG5OOU
K6LCS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 08:26:10 AM »

Is it possible that the shift direction (either plus or minus - +/-) is set the wrong way, so that when you transmit, it's accidentally out of the ham band?

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
http://www.work-sat.com
KG5OOU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 08:43:54 AM »

Doesn't seem that +/- direction is the problem.  The problem is that the shift in 2m goes to 5.00M where it should be .60M.  The more confusing part is that it does not happen to all 2m memory slots, some stay at the correct shift of .60M.

SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 10:05:12 AM »

I recently got my tech license and got the Ft-60r.  Trying to learn it and am having some success but it can be a bear.

I have operated it on repeater freqs in La, NH and Ma with very few problems. Last nite I tried to Tx on the local repeater and got the "ERROR" msg.  Spent some time looking at the manual and the offset for this freq was 5.00M.  I checked and some of my programmed frequencies in 2M the shift is .6 and some are 5M.  I manually changed it to .6M all was well.  Went to a different memory, came back to this freq and the offset now was back at 5.00M.

Back to the manual.  Found the "SHIFT" [45] function.   Checked that, it was at 5.00M, changed it back to .6M (while in the 2m band and in VFO mode).  I go away from that and go to MEM mode and the shift is back to 5.00M.  Checked back to [45] and it has changed back to 5.00M.

I guess I can shut the ARS function off but really don't want to.  The radio shouldn't being doing this.

Any ideas on what am I doing wrong? 

Thnx
Jim KG5OOU

You have to set up the frequency, offset, and tone (transmit power level, if you wish) in VFO mode, then transfer it to the memory slot you choose. No need to erase the current memory.

When you change the parameters of a stored memory, it will work, but reverts back to the original parameters if you change channels and go back.
K6LCS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 11:11:29 PM »

I digested your 84-page FT-60R manual to a single page for manually programming.

See if it helps - on the DOCS page at ...

http://www.k6lcs.com

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
http://www.work-sat.com
K7AAT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 11:05:47 AM »

For what it's worth,  if the radio has been modified for extended transmit I found that one loses the automatic repeater offset feature.

KG5OOU

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 09:01:20 AM »

K7AAT-That is probably the problem and solution!  I tried all kinds of things and finally went back to factory settings.  That did cure it but next time I will try to change the extended transmit sections back to normal.

Thanks and sorry for the long delay in reading your comment.  Thought the issue had slipped away.

73s
Jim
KG5OOU
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: