The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOM IC-7610 Release Date  (Read 64040 times)
KA3AUD

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2016, 12:08:49 PM »

er, feed
N6YFM

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2016, 07:31:49 PM »

er, feed

Feel the trolls feeding on the forum frenzy?
GM1FLQ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2016, 03:16:53 AM »

This relatively new phenomena ("trolls") is merely a convenient label issued by those wishing/attempting to prevent their position/views being subject to any form of criticism or scrutiny.

Of course, troll labeling is totally subjective in itself and therefor any view that is different could easily be labelled as such.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 03:25:23 AM by GM1FLQ » Logged
HB9PJT

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2016, 06:07:28 AM »

Some IC-7610 pics from the Icom Festival
http://www.hamlife.jp/2016/12/10/icom-honsha-event-report-2016/

73, Peter - HB9PJT
WX4SNO

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2016, 08:19:36 AM »

Looks like the release date will be summer 2017 with a cost estimated around 400,000 Yen which would be about $3500 USD; but heard it could MSRP for $4500 according to some Japanese hams who went to the 12/10/2016 festival1.

Have my deposit down for it...looks very nice but hoping it's closer in price to $3500!  Grin

Reference:
1 Yosh O. from https://yoshfunk.blogspot.com/2016/12/photos-of-ic-7610-in-icom-amateur-radio.html
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 08:22:48 AM by WX4SNO » Logged
GM1FLQ

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2016, 03:20:21 PM »

WD8DKB

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2016, 04:11:35 PM »

Russell--- You made my day !   Grin   Thank you.
N6YFM

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2016, 10:48:05 PM »

This relatively new phenomena ("trolls") is merely a convenient label issued by those wishing/attempting to prevent their position/views being subject to any form of criticism or scrutiny.

Of course, troll labeling is totally subjective in itself and therefor any view that is different could easily be labelled as such.

:-)
OK.
Now... I am really confused....

Cheers
GM1FLQ

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2016, 05:22:33 AM »

OK.
Now... I am really confused....

Cheers

It is not news, to me at least, that most all those that readily and liberally issue/apply labels such as troll (xenophobe, homophobe, racist being other typical examples) are all really confused.

It's a simple concept to grasp, please let me explain - this form of labeling is done in an attempt to to suppress/eliminate any debate in matters whereby some imagine their view is absolute and whereby they believe they own such matters.

Under "PC law" it is a very convenient tactic to deploy, hence it enjoys popularity these days.

Bad news for those that are used to deploying this tactic - many others are fed up with it, there is a shift afoot.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 05:43:16 AM by GM1FLQ » Logged
GM1FLQ

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2016, 05:39:32 AM »

Russell--- You made my day !   Grin   Thank you.

Good, you're welcome.
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2016, 08:45:07 AM »

It is not news, to me at least, that most all those that readily and liberally issue/apply labels such as troll (xenophobe, homophobe, racist being other typical examples) are all really confused.

This happens. But sometimes the shoe does fit and it's not necessarily a case of the "PC" police stifling the conversation. It happens on the other side of the coin as well. Some like to throw around labels like liberal and PC when they don't apply. Not directing this at you, but as a moderate I see both the right and the left throwing around labels.

But regarding the topic at hand, the 7610 does look like an interesting rig.
N6YFM

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2016, 01:19:07 PM »

Agreed.  I came from an Icom 720a, then tried and liked my Yaesu FT-DX3000.
Latest, tried an Icom 7300.  WOW.

Performance?  check
Ease of Use?   check

The Icom 7610 looks like it will also be a great, more fully featured radio, looking over
the front and rear panel photos.   I am looking forward to trying one of them also.

Cheers,

Neal
GM1FLQ

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2016, 03:28:46 PM »

This happens. But sometimes the shoe does fit and it's not necessarily a case of the "PC" police stifling the conversation. It happens on the other side of the coin as well. Some like to throw around labels like liberal and PC when they don't apply. Not directing this at you, but as a moderate I see both the right and the left throwing around labels.

How magnanimous of you "as a moderate."  Roll Eyes

To claim the liberal and PC brigade labels don't apply tells me you are not what you claim.  Wink

The thick masses may believe you.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 03:33:21 PM by GM1FLQ » Logged
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2016, 05:04:10 PM »

To claim the liberal and PC brigade labels don't apply tells me you are not what you claim.  Wink

Well, speaking of thick, I never said labels don't apply to me. In fact I labeled myself as a moderate. Sorry that bothers you too. Cheer up OM, it takes all kinds. It would be a mighty boring world if we all saw the world through your conservative lens.
GM1FLQ

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2016, 05:49:40 AM »

Well, speaking of thick, I never said labels don't apply to me. In fact I labeled myself as a moderate. Sorry that bothers you too. Cheer up OM, it takes all kinds. It would be a mighty boring world if we all saw the world through your conservative lens.

And I never said the liberal/PC labels applied to you, I was speaking in a general sense.

What I was taking issue with was your claim to be moderate yet you seem to infer there is a comparable balance between the label throwers when there is no doubt we are living in a PC dominated world where the agenda has been increasingly dictated by the left wing liberal elite for decades.

The results of their domination are clear to see in the first (in decades) significant and unexpected "pushback" from the underdogs now sick and tired of being told what they are allowed to say or debate - read Brexit and your own recent election contest. Also, an unattractive by-product has been the increase in popularity of those on the extreme right.

I would also take issue with someone calling themselves moderate and then claim it would be a dull world looking through a conservative lens yet omit mention of how dull it has been for decades in a world skewed to looking through the dominating lefty liberal elite lens, aided and abetted by the lefty biased mainstream media and the lefty biased music and film industry.

Happier and less bothered than you imagine.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 06:01:38 AM by GM1FLQ » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: