The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tyt UV8000E Channels?  (Read 2636 times)
AG4F

Ignore
« on: December 25, 2016, 07:56:41 PM »

Just got one of these.  The website and documentation lists the channels as "128*2".  Does anyone know what that means?  I thought it might mean 2 banks of 128 channels, but that doesn't appear to be the case.  Both programming packages I've used (the one that comes with the radio and the Rt Systems software) list up to 128 channels, no 256, and not a place to change banks.  Now I'm thinking that 128*2 means that it can program up to 128 channels, and access twice that many due to the cross band repeat or due to the dual watch feature.  I'm just guessing here because the documentation is sparse and not very clear.

Any thoughts / comments would be apprecaited.

73 - David, AG4F
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 12:01:46 AM »

Just got one of these.  The website and documentation lists the channels as "128*2".  Does anyone know what that means?  I thought it might mean 2 banks of 128 channels, but that doesn't appear to be the case.  Both programming packages I've used (the one that comes with the radio and the Rt Systems software) list up to 128 channels, no 256, and not a place to change banks.  Now I'm thinking that 128*2 means that it can program up to 128 channels, and access twice that many due to the cross band repeat or due to the dual watch feature.  I'm just guessing here because the documentation is sparse and not very clear.

Any thoughts / comments would be apprecaited.

73 - David, AG4F

Sounds like it has 128 channels, like a majority of the China radios. The  '2' is referring to the dual watch, or dual standby.

There are no 'hidden channels'.
KB7BBI

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 09:24:42 AM »

I just got one & am disappointed with that and other "features," too.

The battery is the best I've ever tried, the transmit power is awesome, the momentary squelch open button is cool (except it doesn't switch to VFO display if you use alphabetical channel names), and the receive audio quality sounds pretty good.

Everything else is just like a cheap Baofeng except it's not supported by CHIRP software. Poor receive sensitivity, same display with worthless S-meter.

Costs too much to send back, so I threw it in the pile of hand-helds I no longer use.
KM3F

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 08:20:01 PM »

Not that this is any help but the numbering system is in Binary word string.
It goes like this, 0, 1,2,4,8,16, 32, 64, 128 etc.... 512.
In Octal there is no 8, 9 or 10, 18,19 , 20 etc. up the scale unless you convert to decimal then you revert to 3 bit groups and their one's and zero's  position in the lineup..
For instance  1-2-3-4-5-6-7- would be   [100, 010, 110, 001, 101, 011, 111] in the bit positions. That's a 22 bit string in Binary.
Everything in the radio for control is digital.
The above is how it's done by counting in either Binary , Octal or Hexadecimal  signaling the micro processor in one of the formats.
I had a TYT radio and saw the Chinese are not very good at making sense in English.
I thought for a while I might need to  read the book upside down to make some sense.
Good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: