The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NevadaRadio.co.uk - not their finest few days (March 2017)  (Read 1272 times)
G4KIV

Ignore
« on: March 03, 2017, 08:01:36 AM »

Really disappointed and customer service is not as good as it used to be. I'm sorry to say it was actually appalling  Sad

Telephoned a few days ago enquiring about a p/ex for an item. Twenty minute phone call, lots of advice and a p/ex figure was given.
Needed to speak with "bank of wife". Later the same afternoon, I phoned again. The chap I dealt with was busy but he definitely would return my call. 5pm arrived and no return call.

Telephoned this morning, he was again busy and will return my call by 10.30am.  Time came and went so I persisted to wait and eventually called them back. "We were over generous with the figure quoted" was the first reply followed by " I need to go and turn the microwave off as I don't want my dinner to spoil". I let him have his dinner and he called me back with a revised p/ex price (considerably less that original verbal agreement), a price of the item was £50 more than Radioworld and MLS with inflated shipping on top (compared to the other two).

I enquired about the yacc lead (for ptt switching) ..... "I will get back to you" ...... I have been waiting 4 hours now so have given up and ordered elsewhere.

Last item I bought from them was a hf transceiver on behalf of my father and I have reccommended them to several friends this being over umpteen years.

It seems they have lost that personal touch they once had.  If a company promises to phone you back you should not have to chase then keep chasing. If a figure is quoted in a p/ex price you cannot within 24 hours use the excuse  "we have 100's of phone calls a day and are put on the spot occasionally giving a wrong price".  The reality of that last sentence is the call was 20 mins long, the gentleman said "let's see what we can do", and I believed an honest figure was given and definitely not provided under any pressure.  If a verbal contract is broken  (which it was)  I do fear for any other verbal agreement be it warranty or other service.

There are those of us who won't touch certain dealers and stick with the one they have had consistently good service from. After today, I have moved my alligiance from Nevada to another and I will be spreading the word.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: