The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Programming cables  (Read 2282 times)
TVDX

Ignore
« on: March 25, 2017, 04:39:50 PM »

Hi,

Can anyone verify that a programming cable for a Motorola Radius GR1225 repeater is the same as for a CDM1550LS+ mobile? I believe they are can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
WB8VLC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 10:08:34 AM »

TVDX,

The following cable with a RIB should work fine.

http://www.2wayradioparts.com/images/Products/max3ftb.jpg

Since I'm too cheap to buy new, I use a homebrew version of this cable, copied from a borrowed dissected cable of this model.

All of these aftermarket cables are over priced, considering that all it includes is an RJ connector, some wire and a DB connector with no other components.

I use it with an original rib for Maxtrac, Radius, GTX,  DESKTRACS and CDM1550LS mobiles.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 10:15:07 AM by WB8VLC » Logged
K4JJL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 06:58:47 AM »

Hi,

Can anyone verify that a programming cable for a Motorola Radius GR1225 repeater is the same as for a CDM1550LS+ mobile? I believe they are can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Won't work.  There's an extra boot control wire in the CDM cables that's not present in the M1225 cables.

CDM Models

Maxtrac Models
WB8VLC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 02:17:00 PM »

interesting,

Thanks for those schematics.

I am using a 15 year old home brew maxtrac cable, it should be the same schematic in the lower jpg, and I just programmed a 6 meter radius, a 10 meter maxtrac, a 900 gtx and a UHF CDM1550LS+ within the past 2 months.

Granted I'm using DOS 6.22 and an older win 95 laptop for the 3 former radios and 32 bit win8 and Pro radio cps for the CDM but the same cable works for all 4 radios.

I do use an ORIGINAL Motorola 4008 RIB.

Now I need to check and see if the DB pin 25 boot pin is connected to the RJ-pin8 in my cable but I don't see why as my CDM is a new purchase whereas the maxtrac the radius and the gtx are at least 15 years old and my cable is also 15years old.

15 years is a long time ago but For whatever reason I guess I could have made the boot connection years ago, I'll check when I get home tomorrow.

My error, JJL is correct.

I found a really old home made maxtrax, gtx cable made from the same lower schematic and I also have a newer one copied from a similar cable to the posted link cable from 2way radio parts and it looks like the newer cables has the boot connection and it works with all of my mobiles.

I'll check and see what happens when I attempt to use the 15 year old maxtrac cable on the newer CDM, it'll probably fail.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 02:26:35 PM by WB8VLC » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: