The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Th-D74  (Read 2687 times)
WA0QIT

Ignore
« on: March 28, 2017, 07:42:14 PM »

Just ordered my new rig. With the free Kenwood programming software, you can design your own "splash screen" power-on design. I have absolutely zero creativity but willing to try. Does anyone know where I can find some examples to get some ideas from?

Thanks,
Mick
WD9EWK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 09:06:26 PM »

Just ordered my new rig. With the free Kenwood programming software, you can design your own "splash screen" power-on design. I have absolutely zero creativity but willing to try. Does anyone know where I can find some examples to get some ideas from?

Thanks,
Mick

I don't think you can design the image with the Kenwood MCP-D74 software. You can make the graphic with something as simple as Microsoft Paint on Windows PCs, among many other free or non-free programs. As long as the image is a BMP file is 240 pixels wide by 180 pixels high, you can upload it with the Kenwood software and replace the default image. One of the PDF manuals has all the technical details for this image.

I took images of my WD9EWK and VA7EWK call signs on Arizona and British Columbia license plates, respectively, and uploaded that as a 240x180 BMP file to my TH-D74A. When my HT powers on, I see the two license plates for a couple of seconds before the normal display appears. Depending on the image, you could simply find an existing image, scale it down to 240x180 resolution, and save that as a BMP image.

Good luck, and 73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/
Twitter: @WD9EWK

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/ - Twitter: @WD9EWK
WA0QIT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 12:13:41 AM »

Ok, Pat. Thanks for the detailed info. Really appreciate it.
N6YFM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 10:31:21 AM »

Does anyone know why Kenwood is selling a soft-case for this radio outside the USA,
but you can't seem to find the soft-case anywhere inside the USA?
Seems rather odd to me, especially given all the fast/efficient global shipping options
and vendors like Amazon and Ebay.

Ref: Kenwood SC-57 CASE FOR TH-D74

I would think Kenwood could sell a boat-load of these in the USA.
Strange omission.

Cheers,

Neal
WD9EWK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 02:53:53 PM »

Does anyone know why Kenwood is selling a soft-case for this radio outside the USA,
but you can't seem to find the soft-case anywhere inside the USA?
Seems rather odd to me, especially given all the fast/efficient global shipping options
and vendors like Amazon and Ebay.

Ref: Kenwood SC-57 CASE FOR TH-D74

I would think Kenwood could sell a boat-load of these in the USA.
Strange omission.

Cheers,

Neal

Not sure why there wasn't a soft case available as the radio was launched. I saw on one UK ham store's web site that they will have the SC-57 in stock next month, for the equivalent of US$ 31 (not including tax/shipping). Maybe it will be available stateside not too long after that. Seems like a simple thing to ship to the US and sell here. I'd buy one for my TH-D74.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/ - Twitter: @WD9EWK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: