The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IAR Embedded Workbench 8.10 - FX-9A  (Read 4474 times)
KB2SDR

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2017, 03:52:15 PM »

Hello,

I am trying to compile this package in IAR Embedded.  https://github.com/BG6RDF/FX9A
 I tried pointing to the correct folder, but I keep getting the following error.

Building configuration: radiostation - Debug
Updating build tree...
bsp_24lc16.c 
Fatal Error[Pe1696]: cannot open source file "../../../../../../CMSIS/Include/core_cmInstr.h" C:\Users\\Downloads\RadioStationKD2SDR - Copy\RadioStationKD2SDR\IAR_STM32\RadioStation\CMSIS\core_cmInstr.h 1
            searched: "C:\Users\jmatonis\Downloads\RadioStationKD2SDR - Copy\RadioStationKD2SDR\IAR_STM32\RadioStation\CMSIS\"
            searched: "C:\Users\\Downloads\RadioStationKD2SDR - Copy\RadioStationKD2SDR\IAR_STM32\RadioStation\StdPeriph_Driver\"
            searched: "C:\Users\\Downloads\RadioStationKD2SDR - Copy\RadioStationKD2SDR\IAR_STM32\RadioStation\BSP\"
            searched: "C:\Users\\Downloads\RadioStationKD2SDR - Copy\RadioStationKD2SDR\IAR_STM32\RadioStation\PRJ\"
            searched: "C:\Users\\Downloads\RadioStationKD2SDR - Copy\RadioStationKD2SDR\IAR_STM32\RadioStation\PRJ\settings\"
            searched: "C:\CMSIS2000\2000\"
            searched: "C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 8.0\arm\CMSIS\Include\"
            searched: "C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 8.0\arm\inc\"
            searched: "C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 8.0\arm\inc\c\"
            current directory: "C:\Users\jmatonis\Downloads\RadioStationKD2SDR - Copy\RadioStationKD2SDR\IAR_STM32\RadioStation\BSP"
Error while running C/C++ Compiler
bsp_ad9834.c 

Any thoughts? I am not trying to learn the program, I only have a 30 day trial. I just want to customize the firmware and compile it. If there is an easier method, that would be appreciated as well.

Jason
KB2SDR
VK4FFAB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 09:56:12 PM »

/Include/core_cmInstr.h

Missing a library most likely due to not being in the correct location for the compiler. Or your path is just wrong. Add the location of the library to the path environment variable so it can find it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 10:03:42 PM by VK4FFAB » Logged
KB2SDR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 10:03:15 AM »

I can see it looking in the folders that I point to. But what gets me, is by default, I would assume that the files the software is looking for would be there.When I do a search, I can't find the files it is looking for. Is it a package that I have to download through the software? If so, I can't find the option. Even if I download the CMSIS and point to it, is just doesn't work. I've tried STM32 workbench and I get a similar error.
VK4FFAB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 07:47:49 PM »

I can see it looking in the folders that I point to. But what gets me, is by default, I would assume that the files the software is looking for would be there.When I do a search, I can't find the files it is looking for. Is it a package that I have to download through the software? If so, I can't find the option. Even if I download the CMSIS and point to it, is just doesn't work. I've tried STM32 workbench and I get a similar error.

does the file core_cmInstr.h exist anywhere on your computer. I am looking in the linked project and I cannot see it in there. Which means its in another library, and afer i googles it, its in the esperino library, do you have it installed?
VK4FFAB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 08:39:24 PM »

Some background for you.|

We have a program called Foo.c, when you download the zip file it will contain 2 files, foo.c and foo.h

Code:
#include foo.h
#include sha256.h
#include time.h

void do_foo(args);
{
  get time
  encrypt time
  display hash
}

When you try to compile this, the compiler is going to verify the included libraries are installed, foo.h is easy as it came with the source code, time.h should be installed as part of the c compiler, but the last one, sha256.h is a library you are going to have to fine and install yourself. There are lots of such instances of needing to find and install libraries first in programming.

So, when the compiler spits out a mess of errors, you need to look at those errors and determine whats going on, obviously in your case it was a library, the compiler says its missing, the question in why? Is it part of the source code you downloaded? Is it part of an external library? is it failing because of the wrong version of the library? is it failing because the compiler cannot find the library?

Only low level and common libraries are going to come with the compiler, for everything else you are going to have to either write your own library or find and install the library. And in this instance, the latter is what you need to do. Determine what library it belongs to and install it.

Hope that is clear as mud for you. Learning to program is not as easy as joining lego blocks, eventually you have to understand some of fundamentals of what is going on. And they can be complex.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: