The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting users on moderation/ probation  (Read 35878 times)
PLANKEYE

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2017, 05:57:15 PM »

Yes I think that is a good point who is the problem?  That is very subjective and who makes that judgement call on who can post and who they want to ban?  It is human nature to mess that all up.  This is just a website not a Court Room so hey take it light.  I think some can see how this would spiral down hill if folks are censored and cost the site money.  You can ban all kinds of folks with your view of appropriate behavior because you control the site and maybe make it better in your view of things.  That will cost the site money.  Or you can do what the site is doing making money.  Humans love drama.  And they LOVE money.  You guys can figure it out.  Good Luck.   
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2017, 06:55:00 PM »

So why do we get all beat up for calling the king out for having no clothes?

================================================
WZ7U ~ originating from CN86jc +/-

Yet another imperfect being created by THE perfect God. Thank you Jesus!
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2017, 09:23:13 PM »

Because blaming the victim is en vogue these days. And those with similar tendencies may feel a tad threatened whe we call out the nude king.  Wink
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2017, 11:12:27 PM »

A ha, I see said the blind man to the deaf dog peeing in the wind, it all comes back to me now!  Wink

Cheesy

Because blaming the victim is en vogue these days. And those with similar tendencies may feel a tad threatened whe we call out the nude king.  Wink

================================================
WZ7U ~ originating from CN86jc +/-

Yet another imperfect being created by THE perfect God. Thank you Jesus!
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2017, 03:38:05 AM »

OK So when you 'banned' someone, did you feel you alleviated hunger somewhere in the world.

Just curious.

Kraus

If you had ever moderated a website, you wouldn't have made such a post.  Banning trouble makers, and their IP address to make it more difficult for them to return under a different moniker, enables the forum to run smoother with less static.  We didn't ban on whims, the users all earned them.  Allowing them to post creates chaos and drives away more productive members.
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2017, 05:00:59 AM »

OK So when you 'banned' someone, did you feel you alleviated hunger somewhere in the world.

Just curious.

Kraus

Huh?

Reminds me of a guy who used to work here. He was a moderator on a forum thingy. He's tell me banned several folks.
He felt he was saving the world from mad people. We made fun of him often.

Kraus

W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2017, 06:28:09 AM »

Just curious.

Kraus
Alleviated hunger?  No.

Did save a lot of the other users a small fortune in heartburn tablets, Pepto and other OTC self-administered medications, though.

The point is that there are a few induhviduals who seem to have a personal delight in making others miserable, be it on email reflectors, usenet groups, or web forums -- and all the other social media platforms as well.  You need only go... to another site to observe one particular induhvidual, someone that many have dubbed "The Gym Teacher", who seems to take personal delight in posting inflammatory barbs and attempting to hijack the threads into being all about him and his students.

No matter how much traffic (and related ad revenue) that brings to a site, at what point do you start warning the miscreant to knock it off?  At one point to you say "enough" and send said miscreant to a short stint in the corn field?  And at what point do you say "if you won't learn by now, you never will" and make that trip to the corn field permanent?

Those are the questions that need to be answered, even if they are not answered publicly.
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2017, 06:46:53 AM »

Herr WN,

We come to this here thing because we want to. It's our own fault if we read something then get upset.

As long as the advertisers keep funding this here thing, who cares what's said except if one threaten
to end another's life. That is criminal. Action must occur.

There you go folks.

Kraus
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2017, 07:38:31 AM »

The point is that there are a few individuals who seem to have a personal delight in making others miserable...

And you can bet that they will protest the loudest about their "freedom of speech" if/when they are forced to face the consequences of their pathological behavior. 
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2017, 07:40:06 AM »

Eliminate the "Quote" button and it would slow down some of the problems. Limiting copy and paste to external information only for citing purposes would also help. It would slow the "being called out individually" which also fuels fires in the threads.

People tend to not reply if they have to re-type a whole bunch of stuff to carry on an argument. Just an observation from some other sites I visit. FWIW  Wink

Happy being an Amateur Extra!
Nothing says CB on my printed license.
Ares/Races but no lights or crown vic.
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2017, 07:42:57 AM »

Hey XB,

I know many like that. They're fat, contribute nothing, consume everything and are first to complain.

They get their food via food stamps. No thought as to how that ear of corn made it to their plate.
I'd like to see them tell the growers there be no jawbses.

Kraus
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2017, 08:29:34 AM »

WOW !!
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2017, 09:04:36 AM »

Hey Short Wave MAN,

Don't you ever say anything else besides WOW?

I guess you're right.

Buh-bye everyone.

Kraus

N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2017, 09:32:33 AM »

Looks like this thread has run its course.

Mike N2MG
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: