The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 is alive!  (Read 5911 times)
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2017, 01:16:02 PM »

Move off .125, there are qso's taking place during band openings on SSB as well as CW although I have no idea why a SSB 599 report is sent, I have never heard anyone send that. The majority of the reports I hear during band openings on 6 SSB are "real" RS reports and "real" RST reports on CW.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the SSB stations are sending 599 reports. What I meant was that most (not all) of the SSB stations I have heard during band openings were simply exchanging signal reports and grid square, the same info that is being exchanged via the digital modes.

Anyway, I agree with you that there are plenty of modes available and everybody is entitled to choose whichever one he likes. No need to "trash" any mode.

WA8UEG

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2017, 01:57:39 PM »

Yea, I agree there are a lot of quicky exchanges like a contest. If the band is open to the far west or Europe I'm guilty of quick exchanges in hopes of adding a new state or new country. When it's open to the South or Midwest where I really don't need anything I call up above 50.135  or 50.085 on CW and more often than not get a nice QSO in.

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: