The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood TM-D710 and Peet Bros Wx Station  (Read 5136 times)
NT9M

Ignore
« on: June 10, 2017, 11:11:44 AM »

I bought a refurbished Peet Bros Ultimeter 2000 at Hamvention and I am trying to get it to share data with my D-710.

I'm not getting the serial data to the Kenwood though.  I've followed directions in both manuals.  Have the input baud rate on the D-710 set to 2400 Peet Bros.  WXI shows in the display and I've pressed the -O- and windchill buttons simultaneously on the Ultimeter to start packet mode.  But when I push the WXI button on the D710 no data is displayed.

I'm using Peet's data cable between the two, so I didn't screw that up.

Anyone out there running a 710 and an Ultimeter (2000 or 2100) together that can offer some suggestions?

Tim
NT9M
NT9M

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 05:56:12 PM »

I've verified the input port on the radio control head works by attaching my GPS to it and it was receiving data.

Then I patched together a cable from the Peet Bros data cable to the serial port on my computer,  adjusted the port setting to 2400 bps with the settings listed on Peet's website,  and tried receiving data via a terminal program,  but received none.

Haven't received a reply to my email from Peet Bros. so tomorrow I will call them.  At this point, I suspect the control head of the weather station is not sending out any data via their cable.

Tim
BT9M
KD6CCP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 07:24:13 AM »

confirming your 710 does not show weather in its window when you press weather station on the 710.  I have three a710d and two peet brothers 800, which unit do you have?
NT9M

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 05:57:27 AM »

The weather station is an Ultimeter 2000 factory reconditioned.  Peet is sending a new keyboard that should arrive today so we will see if that fixes the problem.  I was unable to receive any serial data from the keyboard to my computer when I tested it along with not receiving data to the D710.   Hope this will fix the problem.  I will report back with the results.

Tim
NT9M
NT9M

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 04:49:25 AM »

Just to close out the topic,  the problem was in the weather station control console.  A replacement console arrived from Peet Bros and is sending data to the radio fine now.

You can see the data on findu.com by entering NT9M-13.

Tim
NT9M
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: