The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HRO is a great dealer!  (Read 3252 times)
NG9Z

Ignore
« on: June 13, 2017, 08:09:18 AM »

I had a very good experience with the HRO outlet in Milwaukee.  I ordered a SharkRF openspot for DSTAR from them just before the Dayton hamfest.  It was on sale for $20 off.  Unfortunately they sent all the units to Dayton, and they all were sold there.  Anyhow, the units were backordered.  After they came into the Delaware branch a few weeks later, the guys from Milwaukee had a unit shipped to me, and it arrived in 3 days!  Great service, helpful, and always friendly, no matter how often I called them!!

Bernie
NG9Z
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 01:46:48 PM »

I had a very good experience with the HRO outlet in Milwaukee.

Yeah, what a difference their store is compared to AES.  AES was OK, but they made so little effort in the store displays, and you had to know what you wanted specifically, before going there.  Plus, it smelled like an old library.  HRO has given it a totally new, brighter refreshed look.    
GM1FLQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 05:17:15 AM »

Given the choice on looks/image alone between "smell like an old library" vs "new, brighter refreshed look" I'll take the old smelly library.......in preference to the typical new, bright, refreshed, characterless, sanitised look that is more like an advert for Ikea.

You pays your money and makes your choice........
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 06:07:14 AM »

Given the choice on looks/image alone between "smell like an old library" vs "new, brighter refreshed look" I'll take the old smelly library.......in preference to the typical new, bright, refreshed, characterless, sanitised look that is more like an advert for Ikea.

Obviously, you were never in the old AES Wickliffe store. 

Didn't smell like an old library.  Did smell like an old A&P supermarket.
GM1FLQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 08:12:58 AM »

Obviously, you were never in the old AES Wickliffe store.  

Didn't smell like an old library........  

Never said it did......'MHZ did, better telling him.

For ham radio not keen on the new "bright & refreshed" characterless sanitised Ikea like stores.

I understand the reasoning - to keep the sheeple masses happy.......they tend to like that kind of thing, but then, most of them are mostly kind of predictable & characterless too.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 08:17:20 AM by GM1FLQ » Logged
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 10:00:51 AM »

I have not visited an HRO store in person yet, but dealing with HRO online is a pleasure.
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 04:09:04 PM »

You want customer service from HRO via phone?  Call HRO Atlanta and ask for David.  I have been buying from that fellow for 14 years.  He is honest, informed, a superb listener, and interested in customers being happy.  He's the guy I call when I call HRO.  I recently sold a TS570D on consignment through HRO Atlanta (coincidentally, that David helped me buy back in 2004).  One more excellent transaction.
HP1CWP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 07:18:53 AM »

Soy unos de los clientes muy satisfechos de Ham Radio Outlet. El trato es indiscutible, en lo personal el señor Eddie Vallejos es uno de los habla español ya que tambien hay una comunidad de radio aficionados de habla hispana.

Si a alguien le interesa, estos son sus datos.

Eddie Vallejo - KD4RAZ
HRO Texas
HABLA ESPAÑOL
(877) 455-8750 Toll Free Line
ws2tx@hro.net

Atentamente,

HP1CWP
NN2X

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 05:25:38 PM »

HRO / Plano Texas....Clean, professional, and one particular sales person (WW9W) Robert, is fantastic...He owns most ham equipment at his house! Highly technical, and he is able to deep dive on the comparisons between rigs...That is a value add, which is highly appreciative to any Ham consumers

All good by me...!

C U You on the Bands

NN2X Tom

KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 09:28:54 AM »

It's hard to go wrong with HRO.  I have been dealing with them since they opened their Anaheim store in the 70's and they have always been a pleasure to do business with.  Great prices and great service.  I hope they stick around for a long time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: