The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LoTW and grid squares  (Read 1598 times)
KB2FCV

Ignore
« on: June 18, 2017, 09:37:00 AM »

I worked a new grid on 6m JT65 last night and the LoTW confirm came in this morning. For whatever reason the persons grid square does not come up. Any thoughts as to why that would be?
WD9EWK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 12:11:26 PM »

I worked a new grid on 6m JT65 last night and the LoTW confirm came in this morning. For whatever reason the persons grid square does not come up. Any thoughts as to why that would be?

Maybe the other op forgot to enter it with his station location in TQSL?

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/ - Twitter: @WD9EWK
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 01:24:15 PM »

Ohh.. yeah maybe. I honestly can't remember if that was something the user had to fill out or if that was set automatically by the ARRL based on your address. Thinking about it though.. it makes sense for the user to fill it out in case they do /p operations (rover, etc).

94 confirmed towards vucc. I'm pretty sure I have enough grids worked for it... just waiting on lotw confirms to come in.. meanwhile I keep adding new grids Smiley

Good weekend though, I worked 3 new countries on 6... Venezuela, Martinique and Guadeloupe.

Just a 3el M2 up 25-30ft & 100w for 6m
WD9EWK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 02:58:43 PM »

Ohh.. yeah maybe. I honestly can't remember if that was something the user had to fill out or if that was set automatically by the ARRL based on your address. Thinking about it though.. it makes sense for the user to fill it out in case they do /p operations (rover, etc).

The only things that are automatically included in the certificates used to sign log files for LOTW are the station's call sign and DXCC entity. Everything else is optional, but recommended - state/province, county, CQ and ITU zones, grid locator(s), IOTA number, and NPOTA site(s). Of course, the optional items are recommended, like grid locator(s), for any VHF/UHF activity. I try to add as many of those optional items as possible for each location I define in TQSL for my satellite operating.

94 confirmed towards vucc. I'm pretty sure I have enough grids worked for it... just waiting on lotw confirms to come in.. meanwhile I keep adding new grids Smiley

Good weekend though, I worked 3 new countries on 6... Venezuela, Martinique and Guadeloupe.

Just a 3el M2 up 25-30ft & 100w for 6m

Nice! Maybe some of the good propagation will stick around next weekend for Field Day.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
WA8UEG

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 04:55:50 PM »

Actually when I got back on 6 a few years ago a Ham emailed me and asked that I add my grid. I had not done any weak signal work in years. It was simple to go back in and add it, I believe  re uploaded the QSO after I added the grid and he did get the corrected confirmation with the grid.
K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 06:06:07 PM »

This raises a question.  I'm moving to a new state and grid square.  I've uploaded hundreds of QSO's from my current location.  Do I have to create a new "station" (or whatever It's called in LoTW) so I don't screw up the uploaded Q's?
WD9EWK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 07:50:47 PM »

This raises a question.  I'm moving to a new state and grid square.  I've uploaded hundreds of QSO's from my current location.  Do I have to create a new "station" (or whatever It's called in LoTW) so I don't screw up the uploaded Q's?

Yes, create a new station location in TQSL, and use that for QSOs at your new grid and QTH. QSOs you already uploaded stay as they are, with what will be your former QTH.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 07:58:44 PM »

Got it.  Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: