The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SharkRF Openspot testing DMR direct connections/private call with CS580/TYT380  (Read 1410 times)
N1GMV

Ignore
« on: June 25, 2017, 06:47:15 AM »

Was testing the other day with someone to see if we could do direct connects with these units. The short answer is YES! I was using my CS580 which allows me to key in any private or group id he was using a TYT380 with the modified software.

I noticed that if I am connected to a talkgroup and someone tries to make a direct connect to me I can see the RX LED light up briefly but he gets a failed connect and I hear nothing. So I removed the Receive Group from my program channel which opens up the RX. Now when he calls me I can hear the call even though I am in a talkgroup.  So I have removed all the Receive Contact settings from my programming at least as my Openspot is concerned which means I can use the talkgroup but can receive interruptions from any other station.

On my 580 I can key in a private id and get their radio to respond if they are similarly programmed.  I think this opens up some great options for us Openspot users. Since there are so many talkgroups out there you can easily key in a friends id or select it from your context menu and either page him, text him or have a direct qso even if he is in already monitoring a talkgroup provided that he is not currently receiving a transmission.

Cool stuff can wait to try some more stuff like cross-moding
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: