The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just saw this on Craigslist  (Read 7030 times)
K1EBU

Ignore
« on: June 26, 2017, 06:24:28 PM »

HAM Radio Technician License Help (Springfield)

compensation: Negotiable
Hey, I need someone to take this super easy test for me. Its like 20 questions. I can come with you if you want. How much will you charge me? Takes less than 10 minutes.

Please email me with your price.

It is preferred that you already have a liscense.

Thanks

Are there really Hams out there that would do this for someone? If they do I hope their license gets pulled and a hefty fine as well.  Gary
W3HF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 06:18:25 AM »

Comments:

- If it is "super-easy", then why do you need someone else to take it for you? Are you really that lazy?
- You obviously haven't even tried to learn about it, as it's really 35 questions. So maybe you are that lazy.
- You also don't realize that the VEs will ask for ID? And if you provide the ID, the VEs will only let you take the test (not your designated stand-in)?

Maybe a better question would be "Are there really VEs out there that would let this type of surrogate test-taking happen?" Of course the answer is yes, as there have been documented cases of VE-session fraud.

And yes, I believe that FCC can and should revoke licenses for both the VEs and the surrogate.
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 08:47:56 AM »

Maybe a better question would be "Are there really VEs out there that would let this type of surrogate test-taking happen?" Of course the answer is yes, as there have been documented cases of VE-session fraud.

In my observations, instructions to the VEs about checking ID's, seem to be followed to the letter.

I know that more ID is required today than when I took exams at FCC offices 35 years ago or at my Novice exam 40 years ago.
N9KX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 01:58:01 PM »

HAM Radio Technician License Help (Springfield)

compensation: Negotiable
Hey, I need someone to take this super easy test for me. Its like 20 questions. I can come with you if you want. How much will you charge me? Takes less than 10 minutes.

Please email me with your price.

It is preferred that you already have a liscense.

Thanks

Are there really Hams out there that would do this for someone? If they do I hope their license gets pulled and a hefty fine as well.  Gary

you should have posted a link to the ad so we all could have responded. Wink  my first thoughts were Springfield, IL or MO, but since you are in 1-land i tried Craigslist Springfield MA and could not find it.
what category was it posted under?  did it get removed?
N9KX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 02:00:34 PM »

if the ad is still up, ask him to give the name on his state ID and to describe his looks and features so you can ascertain if you would be a match.  then send his response to all the VE's in the area Cheesy
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 02:12:08 PM »

if the ad is still up, ask him to give the name on his state ID and to describe his looks and features so you can ascertain if you would be a match.  then send his response to all the VE's in the area Cheesy

Great idea!
K1EBU

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 05:14:01 PM »

Yes it is still on. If you go to Western Mass and type in Ham radio in the search bar it shows 8 in for sale, 1 in community and 1 in gigs. Click on the 1 in gigs. Simply amazing isn't it... Please feel free to reply to this clown Grin. Gary
N9KX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 01:28:13 PM »

Yes it is still on. If you go to Western Mass and type in Ham radio in the search bar it shows 8 in for sale, 1 in community and 1 in gigs. Click on the 1 in gigs. Simply amazing isn't it... Please feel free to reply to this clown Grin. Gary

Roll Eyes here is the link folks:
https://westernmass.craigslist.org/tlg/6191014895.html
K6CPO

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 01:28:43 PM »

Here's the link:

https://westernmass.craigslist.org/tlg/6191014895.html
K6CPO

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 01:30:45 PM »

As a VE Team leader in San Diego, maybe I should start looking at our local Craigslist...
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 06:10:56 PM »

Craigslist- What a bunch of Crapola !!
WW7KE

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 07:45:16 PM »

Worse, it's a hotbed of criminal activity in some parts of the country.  Unfortunately, my part of the world (Phoenix AZ) is one of them.  People have been robbed, beaten, and even murdered when responding to Craigslist ads in this area.  It's also a well-known home for prostitution of all kinds, including children.  Just don't bother with anything on Craigslist.

He speaks fluent PSK31...  One QSO with him earns you 5BDXCC...  His Wouff Hong has two Wouffs... Hiram Percy Maxim called HIM "The Old Man..."  He is... The Most Interesting Ham In The World!
N9KX

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 02:13:25 AM »

Worse, it's a hotbed of criminal activity in some parts of the country.  Unfortunately, my part of the world (Phoenix AZ) is one of them.  People have been robbed, beaten, and even murdered when responding to Craigslist ads in this area.  It's also a well-known home for prostitution of all kinds, including children.  Just don't bother with anything on Craigslist.

i have not had any bad experiences using Craigslist, and have had several good ones (no high dollar things though).  while rare, crimes do happen on Craigslist and being careful is definitely warranted.  our local police have set up where you can meet at their location to complete Craigslist transactions under surveillance: http://www.currentzionsville.com/2015/02/25/zionsville-whitestown-offer-public-space-craigslist-transactions/

i will probably use it if i choose to sell anything using craigslist...
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 03:50:07 AM »

As a VE Team leader in San Diego, maybe I should start looking at our local Craigslist...

Why?Huh  Just because some one makes a Craigslist ad, doesn't mean there is a real problem.

Just continue to proctor the exams, following the proper procedures. 

The REAL exam cheating was done years ago, when the tests were somewhat more difficult.
WB4M

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 08:46:27 PM »

There has been VE fraud, signing off, etc. This guy should just pay off the VE instead of recruiting someone to take the exam for him.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: