donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6M WAS  (Read 3596 times)
N8XI

Ignore
« on: July 17, 2017, 03:01:42 PM »

I am looking for 6 States for 6 Meter W.A.S.
Is there an internet site that everyone frequents
where you can set up skeds for 6M?

Or...is it just listen to the CW/SSB calling frequencies?

Thanks
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 04:54:48 PM »

Thanks

http://dxworld.com/50prop.html

http://www.dxmaps.com/esmapsna.html

Here are the two sites that will help you out.

Good luck and 73,
N2RRA - FN31cb

ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 01:52:33 AM »

Thanks
   There is a group on Facebook called "QSO Now", where hams post the location and frequency they are operating on in real time!  It's a good way to pick up needed States!  Smiley
N8XI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 06:49:10 AM »

Thanks gents
WB8VLC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 08:37:50 PM »

Without a doubt ON4KST is the best for 6 meters aincluding VHF/UHF/SHF bands, there are users in every state, every Canadian province and numerous foreign countries.

http://www.on4kst.com/chat/start.php

Once at the main chat menu Click the following link for US and canada and most other dx >>> Enter into the 50 MHz IARU Region 2 chat here<<  it will ask for your login and if you are a new user it will let you register as a new user.
N6ORB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 07:30:54 PM »

This is the year that six meter activity switched mostly to digital modes. WSJT-X has FT8 among its available modes, and it has taken the band by storm. If you're serious about getting WAS on six, FT8 is likely the mode that will get you there quickest.

Dave, N6ORB
WA2CWA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 10:21:47 PM »

When I got my 6M WAS (50 states all on SSB), there was no Internet to coordinate anything. The closest thing to digital was CW.
 Cheesy
Pete, wa2cwa
WA8UEG

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 01:32:01 PM »

When I got my 6M WAS (50 states all on SSB), there was no Internet to coordinate anything. The closest thing to digital was CW.
 Cheesy
Pete, wa2cwa

When I got mine there was little if any SSB on 6, all AM & CW!! Grin
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 04:27:32 PM »

I do believe you could have gotten almost all of them today on FT8.  I saw about all states but Alaska, Hawaii, and Nebraska.   FT8 is crazy busy nearly every day on 6,  50.313 USB data mode, and have at it.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 07:41:53 AM »

Cheesy
Pete, wa2cwa

When I got mine there was little if any SSB on 6, all AM & CW!! Grin

That's a real old school WAS. To me using JT65 or FT8 is not a real WAS, It should be SSB, AM, FM or CW and that require a operator to be directly involved.

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20wpm REAL Extra Class..
WA8UEG

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 08:21:43 AM »

I think at some point a decision may be made. Digital could be a stand alone endorsement for awards and not included in the mixed category. Personally I go after individual endorsements for awards SSB or CW, the only mixed award I have is working all the countries, I have 331 confirmed and that's a mix of SSB and CW still for DXCC I have both SSB & CW and the same for WAS, WAC, etc. and of course all the various awards for individual bands on those modes.

Today the only thing I hunt or go after are new countries (I need to wait on DXPedtions for most I need) and CW DXCC on 6 meters, I got back on 6 after being off for 40+ years about 5 years ago and I have a long way to go on that one with just 32 confirmed.

Hey, it's all fun!!
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2017, 09:23:50 AM »

Hey, it's all fun!!

Yes but it takes more skill, patience and a bit of luck too to do them all on voice or CW verse automated JT65 or FT8. I do agree that digital should not be allowed in mixed category and should be its own merit badge.

ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2017, 01:21:38 PM »

it should be SSB, AM, FM or CW and that require a operator to be directly involved.

just push a button and call CQ.

Well, I guess that rules out all those automatic CW keyers too.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2017, 05:53:27 PM »

it should be SSB, AM, FM or CW and that require a operator to be directly involved.

just push a button and call CQ.

Well, I guess that rules out all those automatic CW keyers too.

Get real.....

W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 04:34:22 AM »

What is the difference if you make a full exchange by voice, CW or digital? It all means the same thing. 2 stations made a meaningful contact. As far as I can tell, that's all that is required...a meaningful contact.

Would digital voice be a digital contact or a voice contact? Would HSCW be digital because it is computer generated and received, or CW? How about plain ole keyboard generated CW?  CW or digital?

If you make a contact and put it in mixed, what is the difference? I thought mixed was for using any mode? Are SSB and CW endorsements just that...SSB and CW? Now putting other types of contacts in those, I can see a problem. But not in mixed? If mixed can't be used for digital, then contacts by other means like AM, FM, ATV...etc.; should not count there either in mixed. Get an endorsement category of you can't count it. Can't see any logic to it.

Now I could see a digital endorsement for strictly digital contacts. But to ban them from mixed...dumb. Or ban anything other than SSB and CW in mixed...also dumb.

Happy being an Amateur Extra!
Nothing says CB on my printed license.
Ares/Races but no lights or crown vic.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: