The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Amateur Radio Parity Act reintroducd to the Senate Take 2  (Read 23820 times)
WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: October 04, 2017, 08:15:48 PM »

If it does pass in its current form, HR will be harmed more than it will be helped. Sure wish you would read it and learn legalese to interpret it properly. Several lawyers did just that and came to the same conclusion. No bill is better than this bill.

I too cheer for it being pulled from consideration.
A bill like this one that's not needed, ...
Yes, it is.
WANTS ≠ NEEDS. Simply stating there's a need does not mean there is in fact a need...

There's been no valid demonstrated increased public NEED for more ham radio stations using outdoor antennas at home. At most, testimony/evidence has indicated only that hams ARE providing for the public need. The only increased public need has been for hams to operate temporary portable/mobile stations AT/NEAR disaster sites. Permanent stations, not so much. And, there's no regulation/law stating that hams are required to be on the air at home using outdoor antennas. There is no actual NEED... only WANT.

Using your "logic"... I WANT to not have to take my racecar to the drag strip. I WANT to race it on the streets in front of my home, and my neighbor's homes. If I say I NEED to do that then, all speed limit laws in my neighborhood NEED to be eliminated.
KK4GGL

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: October 04, 2017, 09:42:41 PM »

If it does pass in its current form, HR will be harmed more than it will be helped. Sure wish you would read it and learn legalese to interpret it properly. Several lawyers did just that and came to the same conclusion. No bill is better than this bill.

Yes, it is.
WANTS ≠ NEEDS.
No duh.
Simply stating there's a need does not mean there is in fact a need...
No duh.
There's been no valid demonstrated increased public NEED for more ham radio stations using outdoor antennas at home.
Even if true, so what?
At most, testimony/evidence has indicated only that hams ARE providing for the public need.
Yes, they are. And more are being recruited.
The only increased public need has been for hams to operate temporary portable/mobile stations AT/NEAR disaster sites. Permanent stations, not so much. And, there's no regulation/law stating that hams are required to be on the air at home using outdoor antennas.
"Permanent stations, not so much." - excepth for those at home that have been passing emergency and health and welfare traffic these past two months.
There is no actual NEED... only WANT.
Even if that were true, SO WHAT?
Using your "logic"... I WANT to not have to take my racecar to the drag strip. I WANT to race it on the streets in front of my home, and my neighbor's homes. If I say I NEED to do that then, all speed limit laws in my neighborhood NEED to be eliminated.
Incorrect comparison. Maybe you can figure out why.

Rick KK4GGL
WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: October 04, 2017, 10:19:28 PM »

Yes, it is.
WANTS ≠ NEEDS.
No duh.
Hams WANT to be on the air. We don't NEED to be on the air.

No duh.
And YOU are equating NEED and WANT.

There's been no valid demonstrated increased public NEED for more ham radio stations using outdoor antennas at home.
Even if true, so what?
YOU are equating NEED and WANT. That's what.

At most, testimony/evidence has indicated only that hams ARE providing for the public need.
IOW, a solution in search of a problem.

The only increased public need has been for hams to operate temporary portable/mobile stations AT/NEAR disaster sites. Permanent stations, not so much. And, there's no regulation/law stating that hams are required to be on the air at home using outdoor antennas.
"Permanent stations, not so much." - except for those at home that have been passing emergency and health and welfare traffic these past two months.
Again, in your own words, hams HAVE BEEN filling the need. Evidence/testimony for an INCREASED NEED is absent.

A WANT by a tiny minority does not justify trampling on the contracts/agreement/promises made to tens of millions of neighbors.

It's a WANT by a minority, hoping government will impose it on my many neighbors. That's not so different. Apparently, you can't (or won't) figure out why.
KK4GGL

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2017, 06:05:40 AM »

Yes, it is.
WANTS ≠ NEEDS.
No duh.
Hams WANT to be on the air. We don't NEED to be on the air.
No duh - for the most part. You seem to be ignoring the traffic that have been passed by hams - FROM THEIR HOMES during the last three hurricanes alone.
No duh.
And YOU are equating NEED and WANT.
No, I'm not.
Even if true, so what?
YOU are equating NEED and WANT. That's what.
No, I'm not.
IOW, a solution in search of a problem.
No... an existing problem with a possible solution.
"Permanent stations, not so much." - except for those at home that have been passing emergency and health and welfare traffic these past two months.
Again, in your own words, hams HAVE BEEN filling the need. Evidence/testimony for an INCREASED NEED is absent.
Yes, hams have been assisting. That doesn't mean there are enough.
A WANT by a tiny minority does not justify trampling on the contracts/agreement/promises made to tens of millions of neighbors.
The same thing was said of civil rights, outside antennas, flying the US flag, etc.
If enough Associations had negotiated in good faith, legislation wouldn't be needed. They don't/didn't. It is.
It's a WANT by a minority, hoping government will impose it on my many neighbors. That's not so different. Apparently, you can't (or won't) figure out why.
And ... you're wrong.

Rick KK4GGL
NN4RH

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: October 06, 2017, 05:40:01 AM »

Eye pokes and Curly Shuffle ...
WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: October 06, 2017, 07:06:46 AM »

And ... you're wrong.
A statement made w/o evidence/testimony (or even logic) is only opinion, and warrants little or no belief... again.
Eye pokes and Curly Shuffle ...
Inane comments that clearly are intended to only insult... again.
KK4GGL

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: October 06, 2017, 07:20:37 AM »

And ... you're wrong.
A statement made w/o evidence/testimony (or even logic) is only opinion, and warrants little or no belief... again.
I've posted a plethora of that in these forums. You blow it off.

Rick KK4GGL
WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: October 06, 2017, 07:45:08 AM »

And ... you're wrong.
I blow off that which is unsupported by valid evidence/testimony or logic. It helps that you and others supply evidence/testimony that contradicts and/or doesn't support your own statements.
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: October 06, 2017, 07:52:57 AM »

Rick, Bryon...Would you please leave me out of your useless back and forth drivel. I was not addressing either one of you until now.

Happy being an Amateur Extra!
Nothing says CB on my printed license.
Ares/Races but no lights or crown vic.
WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: October 06, 2017, 08:21:27 AM »

Rick, Bryon...Would you please leave me out of your useless back and forth drivel. I was not addressing either one of you until now.
Useless? Drivel? Like anyone, no matter how correct or incorrect, you're entitled to your opinion.

When posting/speaking in a public venue, being quoted or replied to comes with the territory. The only way to ensure you're not included in a discussion is to not say anything. I'd like to not be quoted or referred to by certain individuals but, I realize it comes with the territory.

Please spell my name correctly...
"I don't care what you say about me,
as long as you say something about me,
and as long as you spell my name right."

-George M. Cohan

Bryan WA7PRC
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: October 06, 2017, 08:50:22 AM »

Useless? Drivel? Like anyone, no matter how correct or incorrect, you're entitled to your opinion.

When posting/speaking in a public venue, being quoted or replied to comes with the territory. The only way to ensure you're not included in a discussion is to not say anything. I'd like to not be quoted or referred to by certain individuals but, I realize it comes with the territory.

-George M. Cohan

Bryan WA7PRC

You just made my point. But if it is spelled wrong, maybe it was not you I was addressing...unless you feel guilty. LOL

And as I have said before to others, it is mie poste und I uuilllll schpellll enythiinggggg ani wey I wounnt. LOL

Now stop the BS Bryan. This is a classic example of useless drivel along with your post quoted here. Apparently you can't show even the remotest amount of courtesy when a simple request is made. But that's on you, not me. See I was courteous and changed the spelling as requested.

New request...Please do not respond. Lets see what happens. LOL Can your ego stand up to NOT responding? LOL

WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: October 06, 2017, 08:55:27 AM »

-George M. Cohan

Bryan WA7PRC

You just made my point. But if it is spelled wrong, maybe it was not you I was addressing...unless you feel guilty. LOL

And as I have said before to others, it is mie poste und I uuilllll schpellll enythiinggggg ani wey I wounnt. LOL

Now stop the BS Bryan. This is a classic example of useless drivel along with your post quoted here. Apparently you can't show even the remotest amount of courtesy when a simple request is made. But that's on you, not me. See I was courteous and changed the spelling as requested.

New request...Please do not respond. Lets see what happens. LOL Can your ego stand up to NOT responding? LOL
Geez... this is only ham radio, Stan. Take a chill pill... count to ten (thousand)... whatever it takes to unwind yourself.
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: October 06, 2017, 10:11:03 AM »

I knew you could not stop...LOL Drivel on Bryan...LOL

KK4GGL

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: October 06, 2017, 10:27:25 AM »

And ... you're wrong.
I blow off that which is unsupported by valid evidence/testimony or logic. It helps that you and others supply evidence/testimony that contradicts and/or doesn't support your own statements.

And ... you're wrong.

Rick KK4GGL
KK4GGL

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: October 06, 2017, 10:27:55 AM »

I wasn't addressing you.

Rick KK4GGL
Pages: Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: