The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the 7610 have the SWR graphing feature like the 7300?  (Read 5504 times)
GM1FLQ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 12:56:17 AM »

"Once you know the two to one SWR bandwidth of your antenna do you really need a graph to remind you?"

Of course they do.

Use the analogy - "needs" an oscilloscope but struggles with Ohm's law - it will help you understand what you are dealing with.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 01:02:32 AM by GM1FLQ » Logged
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 07:39:16 AM »

OK, so I checked it out.  I was wrrrr....wrrr.. wrong!.  It is pretty cool.  It didn't tell me what I could not get myself with a paper and pencil and writing down the figures, but it was kinda nice to be able to see it all in a glance graphically.  Not a bad feature considering the "very low cost".  It is pretty intuitive to operate and well thought out... See old dogs can learn new tricks.   Well, some of us anyway. Grin
W1BG

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 08:17:23 AM »

And according to the newly released (Japanese) user manual, the SWR Graphing feature is not available in the 7610.

Damn

The Pay-TV Industry may not hold the patent on poor customer service, but Comcast in particular has made an art form of it.
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 10:28:43 AM »

And according to the newly released (Japanese) user manual, the SWR Graphing feature is not available in the 7610.

Damn

Any chance the software load for the US version would be different?  It would seem like an easy thing to include.  I didn't think it amounted to much, and never even tried it in the 7300, but it is kind of cool.
VA7OJ

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 11:12:48 PM »

To my knowledge, the feature set of Icom radios does not vary from one national variant to another, except for band limits and such things as the JA emergency frequency which is outside the amateur bands.

73, Adam VA7OJ/AB4OJ
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: