The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AmRRON Raises Alert Level to AmCon Level 3  (Read 6429 times)
KC5SAS

Ignore
« on: August 08, 2017, 04:28:17 PM »

https://amrron.com/net-resourcestools/amcon-amrron-communications-condition-level/   
 /////REAL WORLD/////
Due to the increased probability of armed conflict with North Korea, which is now nuclear-capable and could strike American cities on the mainland, we are increasing our readiness levels and the AmRRON Readiness Condition Level to 3. This means that while disruptions to conventional communications are by no means imminent, there is an increased probability.                                                                                                                                         ***Note that this is NOT part of this weekend's T-REX exercise.  This is Real World**
K6CPO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 01:44:29 PM »

"Snicker..."
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 06:22:42 PM »

Wow.  I think I'll vacuum the carpet and put away the dishes!
KA4LFP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 08:10:04 AM »

I sure hope we don't see another NK soldier pick up his rifle, or perhaps a sailor fires a rifle at a floating milk jug in the Sea of Japan

That would be all these people need in order to decide to go to Incident Level 1.

At Level One, when something might really happen, the helpful advice in bullet item #3 is:
"You are encouraged to transmit, even if you think no one is listening"

Really? All talk at once at the same time?
Sounds like those preppers will QRM every repeater and frequency all over HF
if they think they need to.

That's exactly how you respond to something - everyone start shouting into their microphones all at the same time, giving updates on whether they thought they heard a bang or a  gunshot,
or saw a flash in the sky.

I'm all in favor of emergency preparedness, in favor of being trained, testing, practicing.

but "everyone transmit, no matter what"
Really?
Don't wait to see if there's a coordinated active net that is properly controlled with relays designated?
Just go straight for the PTT button?

Wonderful.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 08:14:10 AM by KA4LFP » Logged
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 12:56:07 AM »

Never paid much attention to this group till I saw these posts.

First thing I saw at their website was a picture of some people using radios. But the faces were blacked out. That right there made me think that the credibility was sub par at best. That was as far as I went. Just seems like many want to play with radios but not do anything to deserve the capabilities. Maybe that's why the faces are blacked out?

Just 1 person's opinion.....

Happy being an Amateur Extra!
Nothing says CB on my printed license.
Ares/Races but no lights or crown vic.
K6CPO

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 01:18:06 PM »

Never paid much attention to this group till I saw these posts.

First thing I saw at their website was a picture of some people using radios. But the faces were blacked out. That right there made me think that the credibility was sub par at best. That was as far as I went. Just seems like many want to play with radios but not do anything to deserve the capabilities. Maybe that's why the faces are blacked out?

Just 1 person's opinion.....

I've seen the picture also, and I think it was probably lifted off the web somewhere.  i doubt it's the group in question as none of the operators in the picture are wearing full camoflage uniforms.
W7ASA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 10:52:08 PM »

So you do not have pictures of AmRRON in cammies. Got it
K6CPO

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 09:30:45 AM »

There was some implied sarcasm in my previous post...
W7ASA

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 03:30:56 PM »

Sorry John - I totally missed the sarcasm.  Now that I put your comment into THAT  context ----   Cheesy
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 10:27:00 AM »

Anyone still have one of those old fallout shelters in the basement?  Roll Eyes
W7ASA

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 08:01:27 AM »

One house we looked at had one.  My first thought: HAM SHACK! Equipment grounding was going to be easy with the ham shack under the ground.

There are emergencies, power loss and communication needs other than nukes. Texas is about to take a very serious hit - right now - from a Gulf hurricane. Here in the NorthWest, the Cascadia Rising mega-quake is very much on emergency managers' minds; it's seen as 'when, not if'. The AAR from the recent local/State/Fed Cascadia Rising exercise was enlightening: ' we need more hams' was stated and in multiple ways, because so much message traffic was passed very successfully from up here to FEMA/DHS Philly, while often running grid-down. this made quite a good impression.  // BTW - The NTS Morse nets did EXEMPLARY work, with accuracy slightly greater than digital - typos are still a problem , even with error correcting ;-)  As an old brass pounder, those numbers brought asmile to my face.

As for MY choice of EMCOMM uniform -----

Snappy!

73 de Ray
W7ASA ..._  ._

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 08:03:55 AM by W7ASA » Logged
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 08:32:36 AM »

Great uniform Ray!

My dad built a room off the basement back in the 50's. By the 60's the heavy door was removed and turned into basically an old fashioned root cellar. We did actually use it once as a tornado shelter. Fortunately it missed us. And it was never used for an emergency again.

If I were still in that house, I agree, a great place for a ham shack. Had solid cement floor, walls and ceiling. Was also in the back yard. Would have made a great tower site with easy access to the shack with cables. Oh what could have been!

Happy being an Amateur Extra!
Nothing says CB on my printed license.
Ares/Races but no lights or crown vic.
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2017, 04:25:46 PM »

ROTFLMAO  Grin
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2017, 08:41:40 AM »

The National Weather Service has the habit this summer of posting a gloom and doom forecast everytime a thunderstorm is coming.  It is good to see another organization doing the same.  Everyone better hold on tight to their $35 HT's
Art
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 05:41:31 AM »

The National Weather Service has the habit this summer of posting a gloom and doom forecast everytime a thunderstorm is coming.  It is good to see another organization doing the same.  Everyone better hold on tight to their $35 HT's
Art
I think the reason the NWS does this is a huge surplus of attorneys.  Decimate the lawyers every month and the world will be a better place.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: