The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hara Arena to the Highest Bidder.....  (Read 12325 times)
N2SR

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2017, 11:05:56 AM »

See unlike you I am not a internet troll and to do not comment on events that are not in a area I live unlike you do because you are the troll here. I do not waste my time trying to find links for troll to live broadcasts I have seen on even news during dinner hour. See because you cannot watch live news on a local event (for me not you) that you are trying to defend your BS and this is what make you a real life Internet troll here because you can only function on here say or links not real world live news that you would of seen IF you lived here and watched it.

You are so damn clueless its sad....

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. 

So if anyone disagrees with you, they are a troll?   

Keep trying.     Still waiting for the link or something to back up your claims.   Over 25,000 people beg to differ.   

You are a true troll and name calling above confirms it

YOU are the one who started with the name calling.   But when the joke is on you, you have to resort to the name calling. 

Have a nice day.  I'm through with you.   

If no one is doing it that way, there is a probably a very good reason.
N8AUC

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2017, 04:09:48 PM »

...Oh, and BTW, when I was somewhat agreeing with you on certain things, I was your "friend."   And now that I'm not agreeing with you, I'm a "troll."    Guess what?   The joke is on you, arsehole!   
Yeah, this sort of thread is ALWAYS "legendary".

I'll pop us all some popcorn. Who wants butter and who wants caramel on theirs?

I'd like mine with butter, please. And perhaps a little salt.
N8AUC

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2017, 04:17:30 PM »

So, the IRS will soon put the Hara Arena up for auction.  Minimum bid is only $850K.  Now's DARA's or ARRL's chance to buy and fix up the venue.  They can call it their own.

As flush with cash as they are, should be no problem.

Hara has been neglected for many years long before it even closed as owners milked out every penny they could. Better to wreck most of it and start over than try to fix it. Part of reason it died was because it stopped drawing vendors for other events because of its condition and that will not change without major investment that its location will never pay back. It is destined for wrecking ball.

For the arena, I don't think $850K would be a wise investment. As JX indicated, the Wamplers milked that cash cow for every drop it was worth, and then some. The arena complex itself is probably too far gone to save.

Now, Hara Arena sits on a fairly sizable tract of land. I think someone said 25 acres, maybe?
Wonder what the land might be worth if you wanted to redevelop it, perhaps?

W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2017, 06:11:42 PM »

Tear down Hara and expand the golf course. Plenty of holes to plant grass around.

Happy being an Amateur Extra!
Nothing says CB on my printed license.
Ares/Races but no lights or crown vic.
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2017, 09:13:00 AM »

Tear down Hara and expand the golf course. Plenty of holes to plant grass around.
With all the hamfest money that DARA is (supposedly) raking in, they ought to do exactly this as a perk for their senior management to use.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2017, 06:51:22 AM »

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. 

You called me what you are....

So if anyone disagrees with you, they are a troll? 

No only someone totally clueless on a subject they preach about and their comments are based solely on Internet searches or hearsay or just plain BS and not first hand knowledge They do this to try to sell their warped view and spread discontent or start fights in forums to make up for some insecurity and strong desire to sell their false claims as the truth when it is not. That is a troll....

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20wpm REAL Extra Class..
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2017, 08:45:37 AM »

Well guess that makes just about every person on the planet clueless, everything on the internet is wrong, passing information to each other means it all is in error, and even when you have experienced something it will never be first hand knowledge.

So its the JX world or everything is somehow wrong. Only John is not a troll according to John.

Funny how news interviews people, which passes information to other people based on what people say, and it is not hearsay. But someone else talks and gathers information or is even a witness  and it is hearsay and/or BS. So there is a double standard again being applied. Funny how the local news is correct when aired live and wrong when viewed from the station archives. Same with local newspaper articles that can be read from their archives. On newsprint, they are fine, but from the archive...just plain wrong. Could it be that the information is being slanted and cherry picked to fit a certain idea dreamed up in the JX world?

Or does all of this local information somehow change as it passes so many miles via internet?

Something you will only hear in the JX shuffle coming to you from the JX world! Play on John!

N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2017, 09:43:59 AM »

Or does all of this local information somehow change as it passes so many miles via internet?
Well...to be honest..."interpretive facts" have been known to change the farther they get from their sources and the more hands they pass through.

I doubt that's the case here.
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2017, 05:36:55 PM »

Well...to be honest..."interpretive facts" have been known to change the farther they get from their sources and the more hands they pass through.

I doubt that's the case here.
Arranged press publicity comes usually with sugar coated descriptions of what transpired.  Complete with prepared scripts for the media of what to say.  For example, read ARRL versions of amateur participation in various emergency events vs. what those who were there often say.  Some call it “spin.”  Well, call it what you wish.  Perhaps even Kelly Ann’s “alternative facts.”

It is to DARA’s benefit to make things appear much better than reality.  Why?  Because it helps not only sell more tickets, but demonstrates to local businesses and governments just how big Hamvention is so as to be more tolerant of its negative impacts.  Especially if local businesses derive revenue from attendees.

Go back and look at some of the Hamvention photos of mud everywhere in the flea market.  JX may not have been there, but his commentary matches that of others that attended.

K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2017, 06:52:51 PM »

Well, maybe not the one that got plugged and caused the famous fleamarket blowout.

W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2017, 03:12:46 AM »

Go back and look at some of the Hamvention photos of mud everywhere in the flea market.  JX may not have been there, but his commentary matches that of others that attended.

It does? Manure filled buildings? Traffic problems beyond Friday? Cattlefest? And many other examples that don't concur with what many people have said in their descriptions that they themselves witnessed.

What's even funnier is even proven wrong the same story keeps coming from the JX world. And 29000 + people all are liars cause only JX is right? Oh wait, in another thread DARA padded the attendance number. Only the JX world can make this stuff up.

The JX world just can't accept the truth of thousands over his own mindset.

Are you breathing the same fumes JX does?

W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2017, 04:45:17 PM »

Are you breathing the same fumes JX does?
Nope.  After speaking with two vendors today at the Huntsville Hamfest that did set up at Xenia, they favor Xenia over Hara.  Primarily, since they had to employ fork lifts and such to move gear in and out of Hara buildings.  At Xenia, they drove right up.

The flea market mud could be fixed with some form of sheet overlay to keep the "load" from destroying the sod.

The town apparently loved the added business revenue.

Indeed, Hara might be better off leveled and converted to some other use.  Price tag seems high, based on where it is, to be able to do that cost effectively.
N2SR

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2017, 05:25:12 PM »

Price tag seems high, based on where it is, to be able to do that cost effectively.

The auction is an IRS auction, and the price is the back taxes owed.   I previously posted this.

https://www.treasury.gov/auctions/irs/daoh_comm_8833.htm

If no one is doing it that way, there is a probably a very good reason.
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2017, 02:07:45 PM »

...edit...  After speaking with two vendors today at the Huntsville Hamfest that did set up at Xenia, they favor Xenia over Hara...

I also was at Huntsville, and I spoke with the DARA people at their booth,............. and did a LOT of listening to both them and the general Amateur community that visited them.

My questions (and questions/comments from other visitors) to them were answered promptly and openly.

I won't speak for DARA, or even attempt to paraphrase them, but, my specific questions concerning the flea market footing and interior lighting in the future were answered to my satisfaction.

From my perspective, the comments they received were about 90 - 95% positive.
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2017, 12:24:16 PM »

...Oh, and BTW, when I was somewhat agreeing with you on certain things, I was your "friend."   And now that I'm not agreeing with you, I'm a "troll."    Guess what?   The joke is on you, arsehole!   
Yeah, this sort of thread is ALWAYS "legendary".

I'll pop us all some popcorn. Who wants butter and who wants caramel on theirs?
I'll take butter, but no caramel, sadly.  (Wish I could, but alas...)
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: