The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Powering my FT2DR  (Read 505 times)
KI7PLD

Ignore
« on: August 22, 2017, 06:44:13 AM »

I really disliked plugging the power cord into the side of the radio, much potential for damage.
Plus if/when the cord is plugged in or unplugged the radio power cycles.
Which means if the connector is tipped and momentarily loses connection the radio reboots (even with adequate battery power).

So I went back to the candy store and picked up a CD41 cradle for the FT2DR, which sadly does not come with a power source.
Plugged in the wall wart that was supplied with the radio SAD18B, which for some goofy reason is not on the list of "approved" and all is good.

However I would like to use the cradle in a vehicle and extra batteries are (cough)$79.95(cough).
Has anyone or does anyone see any reason I can't power the cradle via 12v?

I am supplied with conflicting information......

On the bottom of the CD41 the sticker states "input 10.5 - 16v 600ma",
but on the back of the cradle is a little bitty sticker that says "use only AC adapter listed in the manual".

Salesman at the candy store says he doesn't stock and hasn't sold any of the PS listed in the listed in the manual specifically the SAD11B the US version of the 4 numbers "allowed".
"Just plug in the one that comes with the radio"

Supplied with the radio SAD18B  with an output of 10.5v 1A which the radio manual seems to indicate is a slow charger.

Looking at the website of the mothership, a SAD11B is not listed in the accessories website only SAD18B and search gives no results for a SAD11B. Must be an updated part?
Accessory list also does not provide a 12v dongle for mobile charging.

So I guess my point of all this blathering is "Can I power the cradle with 12v from my vehicle?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: