The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worked all States program or web page  (Read 4111 times)
K8OCN

Ignore
« on: August 26, 2017, 08:47:20 PM »

I am getting back involved on HF now that I am semi retired.

I remember years ago there was a small program (for Windows 3.1 and 95) that a person could tell the software each state they had gotten and it would display a map of the United States with the states colored in that had been contacted. Has this been re done in some way for the newer Windoz platform? Or even better on a web site?

Thanks Del
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 10:05:27 AM »

I remember years ago there was a small program (for Windows 3.1 and 95) that a person could tell the software each state they had gotten and it would display a map of the United States with the states colored in that had been contacted. Has this been re done in some way for the newer Windoz platform? Or even better on a web site?

Thanks Del

I think most of us just look at our results on LOTW.  I see you are not on Logbook of the World.  You will want to do that, it doesn't cost anything except a little time to get signed up.  You will have much greater success in getting people to call you and wanting to work you if you are on LOTW. A lot of us are not interested in QSL cards from an expense and aggravation and time perspective. LOTW is near instantaneous confirmation of your contact and easy to keep up with where you are on the path to any particular award.

K3TN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 03:21:22 AM »

Del - welcome back to the hobby! Many (probably most) ops these days use computer logging software to track their QSOS and many of those programs have award tracking capability like you are looking for.

You can see a list of those programs here.

Some are free - I use DXLab which is free, but I don't think it has that map view, it shows tables of award progress. Many are not free but don't cost much. N3AJP's software is probably the one I found easiest to use of the not-free ones but dunno if it has a map like that. One I looked at but never used, HamStationUltra did seem to have that kind of map - look here.

73 John K3TN

John K3TN
N3HEE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 06:44:34 AM »

The DXView module in DXLab will track and plot your award progress on a world map and in table format.  When you enter a call sign in DXKeeper it will automatically show you what bands you have worked that particular entity on.  So for example if you worked me then plug in N3HEE and see what bands you have worked Maryland on.  Very powerful program for tracking awards.  Direct upload and download to LOTW. Not exactly like the program you once used Del but similar.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 06:47:34 AM by N3HEE » Logged

Joe
N3HEE
CW Academy Advisor (Level II)
W9FI

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 08:22:34 AM »

Del, you might want to look at the Award Statistics program by K9DUR.  It sounds very similar to the one you're describing.

73,  Jim  W9FI
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 03:32:53 PM »

Thanks Del

Download W9MDB's excellent program for tracking WAS progress. The dropbox link is on his QRZ.COM page. The program name is LOTWQSL1.9.5 .
WA3KVN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 06:17:46 AM »

The N3FJP logging program v6.0 has a states-worked map available.  You can search your log for states worked, states confirmed, etc. and then display the results on the map.  The program is very economical and powerful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: