The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Logger 32 Telnet config  (Read 1360 times)
KD1I

Ignore
« on: August 30, 2017, 05:22:08 PM »

I recently upgraded my Logger 32 from version 3.50.313 to 3.50.332 and noticed the Telnet cluster no longer connects. It was configured for the K4UGA cluster and now I see it is configured for GB7UJS.  It never connects to this site.
The shortcut for GB7UJS uses remote host "HAM-RADIO-OP.net and Port 7373.   Does anyone know the remote host and port number for K4UGA?   I would like to again use his cluster for DX spotting.

If you're a Logger 32 user, can you please check in the telnet window: right click / setup / setup remote hosts.....and let me know what K4UGA uses for remote host and port?

Many Thanks and Best 73, Jim        KD1I
K2QB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 02:06:37 PM »

The K4UGA cluster is no longer in operation so you will need to select another cluster to connect to. Not sure why yours is not connecting to the default cluster provided. I selected another cluster stateside to connect to and it works fine.
KD1I

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 03:02:19 PM »

Thank you for the information and sorry to hear that the K4UGA cluster is no longer active. It is posted on a list of possible clusters but I suppose that list is outdated.    I also had an issue with McAfee and just resolved it by uninstalling that program but it was difficult and had to use a removal tool from the McAfee site. I enabled Windows defender for protection.

I suspect that the Windows Defender firewall is blocking my efforts to connect to clusters but when I try to allow Logger 32 in Defender it (Logger 32) does not show up among the many programs that Defender does allow.   Not sure why this is.

Can you tell me which cluster you do use?    Any recommendations?       Many thanks and 73, Jim
K2QB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 08:10:41 AM »

I'm currently connected to W2CL. I used the list from the link below to pick one.
http://www.ng3k.com/misc/cluster.html
KD1I

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 01:11:32 PM »

Thank you. I will try that one. In the mean time I located several other clusters I did not know existed. K3WW and K4JW work fine. Windows Defender was not the issue. The clusters I was looking at were non-functional. GB7UJS, K3SKE and several others did not connect.

Thanks again for your help.   73, Jim      KD1I
G8DNH

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 08:59:56 AM »

A couple of weeks ago I started to look at DX clusters for a new project, and have been checking on connectivity several times a day. GB7UJS has always been available, and ranks about 25th in terms of popularity across the network. A status report, including the Login prompts and Welcome text are at
http://dxcandy.com/clusters/?q=gb7ujs_ham-radio-op_net_7373
Most of the other clusters have similar reports available.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: