The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2m stacked yagis with hf tri bander in the middle ok or not  (Read 1847 times)
VK3MEG

Ignore
« on: April 03, 2018, 07:04:52 PM »

i would post in antenna's but felt you guys might have more experience i have a 13b 2 stack only 1 tower 30' and hf is my primary focus plus we are coming into winter. Can i put my 4 element hf tri bander in the middle of the stack i am also considering mounting my 6m 5 element yu7ef on the same boom opposite side  i will run 2 feed lines for the hf/6 . or should i stick with just one i have an ssb electronic pre amp to go with it. i do have a G0KSC lfa of similar dimensions but will pass on putting that up in favor of the 13b2's which are wide banded for fm and very robust construction wise also much lighter than the lfa. i can put the stack on a smaller lower tower but i feel height it worth the work
i only run 100w .

cheers
steve
de vk3meg

« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:28:02 PM by VK3MEG » Logged
KM1H

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 03:28:36 PM »

Cant help with a tribander but I had a pair of CC 4218XL' s using their recommended stacking distance with a HB 4 el 10 on a 20' boom in between. Never noticed any interaction over about 25 years. Even heard my own moon echos.

Carl
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 06:26:57 AM »

If you keep the 13B's a half wavelength above and below you shouldn't have an problems.
VK3MEG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 02:49:10 PM »

thanks for that it was my suspicion this was the case and the wind load on the 13b 2 is not high.now to get the motivation to re do the tower thaks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: