The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HRD log Upload to LoTW  (Read 2963 times)
KG6Q

Ignore
« on: September 02, 2017, 11:39:25 AM »

I'm exasperated at trying to directly upload HRD QSO log selections to ARRL's LoTW.

I can export HRD selected log entries to an ADI file 1st, and then using TQSL, successfully upload to LoTW using that ADI file. But using HRD's direct upload  i.e. click on HRD's "LOTW Upload" doesn't does NOT work. The selected QSO's do not appear in my LOTW QSO list. I'm suspecting HRDs link to TQSL is the culprit.

I have checked and rechecked my HRD, TQSL and LOTW  matching password entries and other settings, but still No Joy.

On HRD's LOTW upload screen, there are two files near the bottom of the screen that I don;'t understand and that I cannot find on my PC? What are these files and why are they hidden on my PC?  Might this be a pointer to what is wrong??

Lastly a question: is HRD V5 direct  'LOTW Upload'  compatible with LOTW today? Am I wasting my time trying to get HRD's direct QSO upload to LOTW to work? BTW, direct HRD log QSO uploads to eQSL do work nicely, but something is amiss for HRD ---->> LOTW direct uploads.

HELP!!

Dennis KG6Q

W7 64 bit
HRD V5.24.0.36
TQSL V2.3.1
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 08:10:45 AM »

On HRD's LOTW upload screen, there are two files near the bottom of the screen that I don;'t understand and that I cannot find on my PC? What are these files and why are they hidden on my PC?  Might this be a pointer to what is wrong??

We need more information to help.  Saying there two files you don't understand or cant find tells us nothing.  What are the file names?  Give us something more to go on..  Many PC's will not show hidden files because they are dangerous for unskilled hands to see and touch.  YOU have to tell it to "show hidden files" in explorer. So that in itself is nothing unusual.  A screen shot uploaded here would go a long way also. If you don't know how to upload jpgs to an external site and show them here or how to take a screen shot we can help with that for sure.  Give us something more to work with and we can try to help.   No guarantee we CAN actually help, but we can try. Or maybe someone else knows the answer to this in a heartbeat.
KG6Q

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 11:00:26 AM »

OK, I'll try using DropBox to show my HRD --> LOTW direct upload screenshot.

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/home/HamRadio   .....

I tried "insert image" by pasting the actual JPG  image between the img tags, but that doesn't seem to work  Huh

Thanks for your help offer and enjoy your Labor Day weekend  Smiley

Dennis KG6Q
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 01:59:42 PM »

OK, I'll try using DropBox to show my HRD --> LOTW direct upload screenshot.

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/home/HamRadio   .....

I tried "insert image" by pasting the actual JPG  image between the img tags, but that doesn't seem to work  Huh

Thanks for your help offer and enjoy your Labor Day weekend  Smiley

Dennis KG6Q

dropbox doesnt work.  It wants a sign in to see the image..  you can use this though. copy the url for forums after you upload your pix  and drop the URL back over here after pressing the picture icon.  Postimages is free and no login required to post them or look at them.

https://postimages.org/
KG6Q

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 04:23:20 PM »

OK,I posted the pic to postimages.

It should be here --->
KG6Q

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 04:24:39 PM »

KG6Q

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 04:34:06 PM »

I'm not getting anywhere Huh?

Do I need to create a Postimage account?

Postimage has two "forum URLs": Thumbnail for forums and Hotlink for forums. Which do I use?
KC1BMD

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 05:10:42 PM »

I'm not getting anywhere Huh?

Do I need to create a Postimage account?

Postimage has two "forum URLs": Thumbnail for forums and Hotlink for forums. Which do I use?

You don't need an account. You can choose to 'resize image for message boards' and there are several options to choose from (e.g. thumbnail, direct link, etc). After uploading the image to Postimage, just get the URL for the link and past it here. That should allow people access to it.

You mentioned HRD v5. I run the free version 5 and have no issues uploading directly to LoTW.
KG6Q

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 06:52:37 PM »

James,

I'm not sure how to embed the HTML 'tags' on this form  Huh

If this https://postimg.org/gallery/1ajujd28a/ doesn't work, I'll email it to you.

Dennis
KC1BMD

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2017, 07:26:01 AM »

Your last file upload to Postimage is visible. The files you point to are "hidden" files and must be enabled to view in Windows Explorer if you want to see them. The path probably depends on the version of HRD you are running. On mine with v5 it is C:\users\<myusername>\appdata\roaming\Simon Brown, HB9DRV\HRD Logbook. I believe that would be the subfolder used for these files. I believe these files are created for the specific upload but are not persistent. The reason I say that is that I uploaded yesterday but don't see the files in there. So my guess is once they are processed, they are deleted from your PC. But don't quote me on that - it's just my current theory.

Possible issues: There are two passwords on the screen you showed. One, of course, is the LoTW password and that must be entered (and it must be correct). Check to be sure that the password works in LoTW when you manually log on there and then confirm you entered it correctly on that upload screen. The other password is for the TQSL file. It is not recommended to use this password unless the computer is shared. If you have total/exclusive control of the PC (or you trust the people who might also access it, such as a family member), then I would leave it empty. If it is entered, then it must match precisely the password you entered when installing TQSL. Check to be sure it is correct. You could probably uninstall TQSL (or perhaps click Help -> Check for updates and install the latest version if you don't have it installed) and then delete that password, so you won't need to enter it into the LoTW upload screen in the logbook each time you upload.

Let us know how it goes!
KG6Q

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 11:01:34 AM »

Norman and James,

Thanks so much for your help and suggestions  Smiley  My HRD ---> LOTW direct uploads are now working!  I'd very nearly given up with LOTW direct uploads, and possibly LOTW all together  ..... mainly because of those pesky multiple LOTW passwords, and some forum posts stating LOTW doesn't accept V5 HRD log uploads. At least for now .. that isn't true.

What worked - as Norm suggested - is using the same LOTW  PW in HRD's LOTW upload screen as I use to log into LOTW itself. I left the TQSL PW untouched as is.

73's and thanks again!

Dennis KG6Q

K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 11:07:43 AM »

Norman and James,

Thanks so much for your help and suggestions  Smiley  My HRD ---> LOTW direct uploads are now working!  I'd very nearly given up with LOTW direct uploads, and possibly LOTW all together  ..... mainly because of those pesky multiple LOTW passwords, and some forum posts stating LOTW doesn't accept V5 HRD log uploads. At least for now .. that isn't true.

What worked - as Norm suggested - is using the same LOTW  PW in HRD's LOTW upload screen as I use to log into LOTW itself. I left the TQSL PW untouched as is.

73's and thanks again!

Dennis KG6Q

Very good, I didn't weigh in the last time as KC1BMD had you on the right track and I didn't want to complicate things.  I am glad you got it going.  I will look for you on any mode, and know that I will be confirmed on LOTW ..  Smiley
KC1BMD

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2017, 11:11:49 AM »

Glad you got it working!  Smiley
WB4RA

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 04:21:46 AM »

I was having trouble with HRD and LOTW also. Make sure you have the most recient version of TQSL. There is a new one with a few changes to it. I wasn't able to upload FT* until I updated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: