The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ...ARRL RENEW MEMBERSHIP...  (Read 15076 times)
WD4CHP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 08:58:50 AM »

Yes

I got a life membership when I could afford it.

Now that I am retired, I do not have to scrape up the money.
KB2SMS

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 09:21:15 AM »

...should I renew my ARRL membership?...is it worth it???...

Sure. Who else do we have to fight for us? Promote us? Speak for us?
Been a member since I became a ham in 1994. I'll renew.

"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can." - Frank Zappa
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2017, 10:23:40 AM »

Kraus:  You WAS a member but quit because of "donations, donations. donations?"  

Name one organization that doesn't solicit "donations!"  It a simple matter to throw such requests into File 13.  Surely there must be a better reason for you to quit?

This is a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face!  You have a "happy day" while playing with your ham gear, while the others pay for it.

While I'm on my soap box I take issue with the new "hams" who just use ham radio as another 11 meter band......

While I have and do take issue with the ARRL dumbing down license requirements I also understand that ham radio was dying because of the Internet/cell phone growth and something had to be done to keep the numbers up.  While all of this is a bitter pill to swallow......I guess it's inevitable.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:31:29 AM by K8AXW » Logged
K5NOK

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2017, 02:15:59 PM »

Did 2 pages of comments just go "missing"?
We need a eHam milk carton with a picture of the post and a "Have you seen this post" caption under the picture.
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2017, 03:29:54 PM »

We need a eHam milk carton with a picture of the post and a "Have you seen this post" caption under the picture.

Apparently the mods didn't like Chuck being called out for what he is.
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2017, 04:13:03 PM »

Like I have stated before E ham has the BEST MODERATORS THEY HAVE COMMON SENCE and see the right thing to do..Thanks.Have a blessed Day.God bless us ALL
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:17:57 PM by KC8KTN » Logged
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2017, 05:24:02 PM »

Nothing of significance was lost.

Happy being an Amateur Extra!
Nothing says CB on my printed license.
Ares/Races but no lights or crown vic.
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2017, 08:09:44 PM »

Wow. Yes. I was a member . But all they want is more $$$ Donation Donation Donation.. Wow. Take Care Have a Joyous Day and a Blessed Day.  Ham Radio making me a more Informed Person and Radio Adventureer. 73zzz Waiting for November Fever...                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

All the cool hams say cute little sayings here:::                                                                        
November Fever Is Coming:::::::73~~~~
Making Ham Radio Great Again~~~~

Again, the perfect stump to run for Atlantic Division Director, or whatever it was. Go for it

You can clean out the cat box but the smell lingers..

================================================
WZ7U ~ originating from CN86jc +/-

Yet another imperfect being created by THE perfect God. Thank you Jesus!
KOP

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2017, 04:38:47 AM »

Renew hell I never started, and never will.

October 02, 2017, 07:53:41 PM
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2017, 10:08:00 AM »

KOP:  We have a LOT of Techies around here that feel the same way.  Can't blame them though.  They're strictly 2m "Taxi Band" operators and former CBrs.

No interest in ham radio at all and have no idea or could care that the ARRL got them where they are now.
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2017, 10:10:29 AM »

I must second that, I can't imagine a world without the ARRL in which Ham's would have so much in the way of representation, and backing.

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
W9BB

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2017, 10:50:24 AM »

I don't see why not....you can do year to year, see how that floats and if you decide, go life membership or just forget it...
Good stuff in the QST rag too...

KC2QYM

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2017, 11:40:31 AM »

UFP...why don't you tell us if it's worth it? Aren't you a junior G man Official Observer for the ARRL? Hasn't the ARRL afforded you a splendid amateur career in part 97 interpretations and post card citation operations? Why would you throw out this land mine thread if you hadn't already been provided with a meaningful life by belonging to the ARRL's elite Official Observer Corps?

I just have to laugh. As a recipient of one or two OO cards from you (minor part 97 infractions which I may have committed) why would you ask others if it's worth belonging to the ARRL? Isn't it fulfilling to be part of that elite organization dedicated to policing the bands and ridding all undesirables out of ham radio. Why would you question others and not give your own reasons?

Are you disillusioned with ham radio altogether. Was the ARRL supposed to be something beyond the commercialized, paplum spewing organization it has become? Well if so, turn in your badge and join the regular people who simply enjoy radio as a mostly friendly hobby without any lofty expectations.

At the end of the day, your license is via the FCC, your spectrum allocation privledges are at the pleasure of the government. If the government has a mind to change the rules and use privledges they will. Amateurs don't need the ARRL to protect those privledges. Amateur radio enthusiasts are voters and some are very good at directing communications to politicians if they don't like how their special interest is affected by government decisions.
W9BB

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2017, 11:51:06 AM »

ARRL membership is like anything else, you have a right to choose to belong or skip it..no right or wrong about it...do what you feel is right for you...
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2017, 03:35:49 AM »

Amateur radio enthusiasts are voters and some are very good at directing communications to politicians if they don't like how their special interest is affected by government decisions.

Didn't seem to have much effect during the big PLT debacle. Or the amount of noise radiated because of lax enforcement on part 15 devices, although it seems that FCC are starting to look into that.

Who but ARRL briefs the government at the time policy is being made, rather than reacting afterwards? Who, other than ARRL, sends amateur representation in the US delegations to ITU and CITEL to advise against accepting recommendations from other countries that are inimical to amateur radio?
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: