The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ...ARRL RENEW MEMBERSHIP...  (Read 15176 times)
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2017, 07:37:18 PM »

There was no testing for CB.  No matter what you think of the current ham testing process, nothing like it existed for CB.
You had to know how to fill out the application...  That was sort of a test...  <snicker>

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
N8AUC

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2017, 09:32:59 PM »

Eric,

If your comments are for general consumption, then great.  If they're for the OP specifically, he's not interested in anything thoughtful or well-reasoned.  He's clearly telling a question with this thread topic, and if you look him up, you'll find some bizarre reading by his hand.

Good post.

Best,
Brad

General consumption, Brad.
PBJOK

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2017, 02:51:00 AM »

There was no testing for CB.  No matter what you think of the current ham testing process, nothing like it existed for CB.
You had to know how to fill out the application...  That was sort of a test...  <snicker>

Another superior being heard from.
PLANKEYE

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2017, 04:52:32 PM »

The CB radio was invented in 1945 by Al Gross, the inventor of the walkie-talkie and owner of the Citizens Radio Corporation.  The radio became popular with small businesses and blue collar workers like carpenters, plumbers, and electricians who used the radio as a tool to communicate with coworkers. By 1960, the costs to produce the 23 channel radio were low enough that everyday Joes could afford to buy one.  By 1973, coinciding with the onset of the oil crisis, the CB Radio craze erupted.

I think back then it was so popular because it was NEW a new way to communicate with others.  Now days it's antique with all of the other devices we have that do so much more.  Much like ham radio is today.  I know you didn't have to pass a test back then for your CB callsign.  I don't know maybe the ARRL is keeping this hobby alive right before our very eyes.  Good luck have fun and have a blessed day.       
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2017, 06:31:19 PM »

Ok now I really think Plankeye = KTN.
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2017, 01:49:15 AM »

Ok now I really think Plankeye = KTN.

Even if it were true, would either persona admit it publicly? Admittedly there are similarities, but I think it's a stretch to make the linkage.  Shocked  At least I hope not.

That's a pretty hard slap to the face if it weren't true, and a pretty swift kick to the jewels if it were true. Either way, ouch.....  Cry

It is weird that one quits posting then the other posts and vice versa. Sometimes I wish I were better at these interwebs thingies so I could find out if the I.P. addresses matched or not.

So, what say you there Mr. Plankeye? Is there any truth to the (persistent) rumor?  Huh

================================================
WZ7U ~ originating from CN86jc +/-

Yet another imperfect being created by THE perfect God. Thank you Jesus!
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2017, 08:55:44 AM »

It is weird that one quits posting then the other posts and vice versa. Sometimes I wish I were better at these interwebs thingies so I could find out if the I.P. addresses matched or not.

One has slightly better grammar than the other, but the passive aggressive posting patterns are very similar. If they are the same guy he's putting a lot of effort into this, so I admit that's pretty weird. At the very least they're birds of a feather.
KA2UFP

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2017, 03:49:07 AM »

Received 3rd member renew in 8 weeks...lack of interoffice communication...listened 10/26 on 75 meters to harasser, heard NO IDing...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 03:58:22 AM by KA2UFP » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: