The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mosley Electronics, Inc. Non existing customer service  (Read 5127 times)
SM2UQK

Ignore
« on: September 13, 2017, 09:21:03 AM »

I bought a Mosley TA-33-JR, my first and absolutely last Mosely antenna.
I live in Sweden, and bought the antenna from a European supplier. When it arrived there was parts missing. Ok, that is a bad start, but it does happen and can be fixed... or so did I assumed.

I contacted Mosely by email and explained that the parts was missing, and offered to work with them to get a quick fix while I wait for the missing parts.

Mosely gave me a quote(!!) for the parts, they want me to pay them to deliver the parts that was missing at delivery!
I have never heard anything so stupid, and I have never experienced such non existing customer service.
I tried to reson with them but they would not listen.

I can't rate the antennas performance, as it just a pile of scrap metal for me, very expensive pile. It's very sad.
A supplier with this non existing customer service can't be trusted, even if the products are good WHEN and IF it happens to be delivered in working order and complete.
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 12:37:56 PM »

I bought a Mosley TA-33-JR, my first and absolutely last Mosely antenna.
I live in Sweden, and bought the antenna from a European supplier. When it arrived there was parts missing. Ok, that is a bad start, but it does happen and can be fixed... or so did I assumed.

I contacted Mosely by email and explained that the parts was missing, and offered to work with them to get a quick fix while I wait for the missing parts.

Mosely gave me a quote(!!) for the parts, they want me to pay them to deliver the parts that was missing at delivery!
I have never heard anything so stupid, and I have never experienced such non existing customer service.
I tried to reson with them but they would not listen.

I can't rate the antennas performance, as it just a pile of scrap metal for me, very expensive pile. It's very sad.
A supplier with this non existing customer service can't be trusted, even if the products are good WHEN and IF it happens to be delivered in working order and complete.
Have you notified the supplier? 

Most unfortunate that Mosley continues to live down to their reputation, but your supplier may be able to assist you.  Or at least accept the antenna for return and refund your money or give you credit towards another antenna.
SM2UQK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 02:16:42 PM »

As it is small parts that would fit fine in a padded envelope, and I do know that the European supplier do not stock spare parts, I believed it would be best to talk with Mosley direct.

I have had a long email contact with Mosley and they have a rather unpleasant tone in the emails.

I don't understand that a company can be so unwilling to solve a problem that they caused for a customer. 
WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 03:23:20 AM »

As it is small parts that would fit fine in a padded envelope, and I do know that the European supplier do not stock spare parts, I believed it would be best to talk with Mosley direct.

I have had a long email contact with Mosley and they have a rather unpleasant tone in the emails.

I don't understand that a company can be so unwilling to solve a problem that they caused for a customer. 

You purchased from a local supplier, the local supplier is obligated to correct the situation, not Mosley. When you buy a Volvo and something is wrong after the vehicle is delivered, you don't call Volvo and ask them to fix your car. You go to the dealer and ask them to fix the car.
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 07:00:45 AM »

They may be taking the attitude (correct or not) that everything was in the carton(s) shipped to their European supplier, therefore, it is not their problem.

[ Not how I would handle a customer service issue, but then, I don't own or work for that company. ]

Again, I strongly suggest you contact the supplier.  They may be able to do something.  They may not.  But I'd wager that they might be a little more willing to keep you as a satisfied customer.
SM2UQK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 03:46:20 AM »

After several days and MANY emails they at last agreed to ship the missing bults. But it was so late so I had already ordered some replacements from a over seas hardware supplier.

I agree, legally the European supplier is responsible in the relation with me, and the supplier then need to take it to Mosley.
BUT
In this case, some bults (impossible to find in Sweden) is missing, the European antenna supplier does not have them in stock. The antenna was delivered in a Mosley box, unopened. So it is 100% clear that Mosley did not pack the bults. They made a misstake, not the European supplier.

In my world, the best solution is to send Mosley a email and they say "Oh, we are sorry, bults are in the mail today". Simple, smart, intelligent, economical and in a HAM-radio spirit. To go the legal way, bring it up with the European supplier, they need to contact Mosley, bults sent to the supplier, repacked, resent across Europe. Delivery time and shipment costs will be at least the double, or more, as well as environmental impact with extra shipment. Worst case, I send the antenna back to the supplier, who sent it to Mosley, who send a new one to the supplier who resend it to me.

I'm an intelligent, logical and problem solving person... For me it makes perfect sens to attack and solve the problem in the absolutely most simpel and fastest way. But Mosley did not agree.

And the Mosley staff I emailed with was VERY unpleasant. I have never encountered a customer service person that has been so unwilling to help and unpleasant.

K6BRN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 09:39:01 PM »

Nils:

Interesting.  I bought a TA-33 and contacted Mosley for a quote before hand and to order the 2 inch mast mount afterwards.  They were very professional.  Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

The assembly instructions were pretty obtuse, though.

BTW - The TA-33-MW (with 40M add-on) is performing brilliantly.

Brian - K6BRN
SM2UQK

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 03:55:19 AM »

I'm very surprised that they was so unprofessional with me, even unpleasant. Maybe they do not like overseas customer?

Yes the assembly instructions are terrible.

I do not know how my TA-33 JR is performing, as it still just a pile of aluminium here Sad
AD4U

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 05:52:36 AM »

I am surprised that Mosley did not respond. I have had GREAT dealing with Mosley. Recently I bought a 30+ year Classic 33 tri-band beam from a SK family. It needed a lot of small parts like trap covers etc. I called Mosley and told what I needed. I gave them my VISA number and I had all the parts in 3 days.

Dick AD4U
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 09:22:07 AM »

I also bought a vintage classic-33 and was able to obtain the parts I needed within a week.  Mine was only 20 years old.
Art
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 09:04:52 AM »

I'm very surprised that they was so unprofessional with me, even unpleasant. Maybe they do not like overseas customer?

Yes the assembly instructions are terrible.

I do not know how my TA-33 JR is performing, as it still just a pile of aluminium here Sad

They have to make sure the American customer is pleased or they risk having to apologize. You don't demand an
apology just resolution. That goes against their grain.

Can you make the parts? If it's American nuts and bolts, American threads, let's figure it out.

Kraus

KD2HQX

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 06:37:15 AM »

My experiences in dealing with Mosley for replacement parts and new antenna purchase has been excellent. Their staff is very helpful and parts arrive within a couple of days. Orders have always been accurate. They answer all my questions even on 15 year old antennas.
I would give them a 10 out of 10 for customer service based on my experiences.

Kraus, with all due respect, is it possible your attitude was reflected in the conversation? Sorry you had this experience. Maybe try again.

Russ
KD2HQX
NN2X

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 05:53:08 PM »

Here is my story about HF antenna manufactures

I have a Christmas tree set up, 3 mono banders, one from Force12 (10 Meter), second Hygain(15 Meter), and third Mosley(20 Meter)...

Had a ice storm....Well, Hygain and Force12 destroyed...Mosley not a scratched...

My point, I did not need customer support from Mosley because the antenna did not get destroyed by ice storm, great quality...! Oh yes, the antenna works great!

KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2017, 09:11:49 AM »

Here is my story about HF antenna manufactures

I have a Christmas tree set up, 3 mono banders, one from Force12 (10 Meter), second Hygain(15 Meter), and third Mosley(20 Meter)...

Had a ice storm....Well, Hygain and Force12 destroyed...Mosley not a scratched...

My point, I did not need customer support from Mosley because the antenna did not get destroyed by ice storm, great quality...! Oh yes, the antenna works great!

I had a Mosely TA-33jr years ago when I lived in Melbourne Florida.  I was on a 45 foot self supporting tower and survived dozens of storms and even a hurricane, although not a direct hit still 70 MPH wind gusts.  It was built like the proverbial brick outhouse and performed really well for a trap Yagi.
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2017, 09:17:57 AM »

After several days and MANY emails they at last agreed to ship the missing bults....

Just a question,..........................

Did you start this thread before or after Mosley sent the  parts?
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: