The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Perth Plus antenna  (Read 2878 times)
W6ZKH

Ignore
« on: September 13, 2017, 07:32:10 PM »

Recently obtained a very used Perth Plus mobile antenna and just wonder if anyone else here has or is using one?  It came with the Fly Lead missing (green plug cable) and havent been able to find anyone that still carries that antenna, since it is 20 years old or so, except the newer version in VK-Land.  Wonder if anyone has the cable laying around that they would part with?  Either that, or have to manufacture one. Anyway anxious to mount this antenna and see how well it works with my Icom 706.

John W6ZKH
ZENKI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 03:59:05 PM »

The manufacturer sells on Ebay, if you search on Ebay  you will find him selling springs and the odd antenna. I am sure if there is an Ebay site, I remember  coming across the manufacturers when searching for something else. The company that made these antennas was called Terlin, or Teralin I  am not sure exactly what their name was.

It would not be hard to make your own patch lead. Its just a length of wire that shorts out the   part of the antenna that you dont use.  They use standard 4mm banana plugs. You generally wrap the  slack around the antenna.

I have used these antennas on commercial frequencies and they  are more than satisfactory for HF safety communications.
VK3YE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 03:33:57 AM »

Try contacting http://www.outbacker.biz/

Peter VK3YE

TOP-SELLING RADIO BOOKS: 'Minimum QRP', 'Hand-carried QRP antennas' & 'Getting back into Amateur Radio'. 
Paperback and ebook editions. See http://home.alphalink.com.au/~parkerp/vk3yebooks.htm or search titles in Amazon.
W6ZKH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 03:47:35 PM »

Update on my previous question.  Made my own FLY lead cable so that cured that problem.  Sofar am very satisfied with this antenna, as has preformed well for me on 40 meters using my old Icom 706 Xcvr.  I adjusted the stinger for 7275 khz, as I check into 2 RV nets within that 50 khz section of the band.  I get very good reports using the antenna, sofar.  As yet, I havent really tried 75 meters or other bands, but for 75 M the stinger set for 40 M is operable in the 3860-3900 khz section.  Am sure I would have to manually adjust the stinger for any other band.  Guess that is why everyone is using Screwdrivers nowadays.  Anyway for the price (FREE) I can complain at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: