The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCC Opens 630- and 2200-Meter Bands; Stations Must Notify UTC Before Operating  (Read 4066 times)
N0PQK

Ignore
« on: September 15, 2017, 09:31:27 PM »

From the ARRL web site;

09/15/2017
The FCC has announced that the Office of Management and Budget has approved, for 3 years, the information-collection requirement of the Commission’s March 29 Report and Order (R&O) that spelled out Amateur Radio service rules for the two new bands — 630 meters and 2200 meters. Notice of the action appears in today’s edition of the Federal Register. Before using either band, stations must notify the Utilities Technology Council (UTC), formerly the Utilities Telecom Council, that they plan to do so, and if UTC does not respond within 30 days, they may commence operation.

Last March 27, the FCC adopted the 2012 World Radiocommunication Conference (WRC-12) implementation Report and Order (ET Docket 15-99), amending its Amateur Radio rules to — in the FCC’s words — “provide for frequency-sharing requirements in the 135.7-137.8 kHz (2200-meter) and 472-479 kHz (630-meter) bands.”

Section 97.313(g)(2) of those rules requires that, prior to starting operation in either band, radio amateurs must notify UTC that they intend operate by submitting their call signs, intended band(s) of operation, and the coordinates of their antenna’s fixed location. The new rules do not permit any mobile operation.

“Amateur stations will be permitted to commence operations after a 30-day period, unless UTC notifies the station that its fixed location is located within 1 kilometer of Power Line Carrier (PLC) systems operating on the same or overlapping frequencies,” the FCC said. PLC systems are unlicensed. “This notification process will ensure that amateur stations seeking to operate [on 630 or 2200 meters] are located beyond a minimum separation distance from PLC transmission lines, which will help ensure the compatibility and coexistence of amateur and PLC operations, and promote shared use of the bands.”

The FCC announced that it is making effective immediately the Part 97 rule amendments, § 97.3, 97.15(c), 97.301(b) through (d), 97.303(g), 97.305(c), and 97.313(k) and (l), which do not require OMB approval

Click HERE to access the UTC notification website.    https://utc.org/plc-database-amateur-notification-process/
WA4JNX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 05:14:32 AM »

Please see this Link (both posts) re how to
notify the UTC.

John Langridge (one of the people to thank for this)
urges all Amateurs to register with the UTC as sort
of an Insurance Policy,whether or not you ever intend
to use the band:

http://www.radiodiscussions.com/showthread.php?704837-FCC-Opens-630m-for-Amateur-Use-But
AA2UK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 07:37:41 AM »

I just filled out the on-line form. I will report back the results or lack of.
I hope to operate on the 630 meter band but also put the 2200 meter freqs in as well.
73, Bill AA2UK
W3TTT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 08:23:56 AM »

I just filled out the on-line form. I will report back the results or lack of.
I hope to operate on the 630 meter band but also put the 2200 meter freqs in as well.
73, Bill AA2UK

This is a "mee too" post. I filled out the online form, using my coordinates from QRZ.com.  I think that I will do a lot of listening at first though. 
73, joe.
WA2ISE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 06:12:44 AM »

Me 3. Just to reserve my ability to get on these bands.  Don't know if Pubic Service Electric and Gas uses these bands or not...
AA2UK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 12:19:08 PM »

Me 3. Just to reserve my ability to get on these bands.  Don't know if Pubic Service Electric and Gas uses these bands or not...
I'm located within 1km of Atlantic Electric, PSE&G and JCP&L services. But these utilities are underground. I suspect none are using PLC.
AA2UK, Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: