The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with mobile installation in the Chicago area  (Read 3273 times)
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 08:17:17 AM »

Does the car instruction book give values for maximum RF power on various bands that won't cause EMC problems to the car? Worth checking....

N4TMQ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 07:34:24 PM »

Does the car instruction book give values for maximum RF power on various bands that won't cause EMC problems to the car? Worth checking....
I'd be astonished if any car or truck maker ever published any information of that nature.  And there's a very good reason why they wouldn't.

Kia, for instance, advises against installing any after-market equipment whatsoever in their vehicles, which is certainly to avoid any responsibility for incompatibilities that might adversely affect the vehicle's operation.  In other words, if you do any sort of installation of powered equipment in the vehicle, you're on your own.

AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2017, 04:10:28 PM »

Kia, for instance, advises against installing any after-market equipment whatsoever in their vehicles, which is certainly to avoid any responsibility for incompatibilities that might adversely affect the vehicle's operation.  In other words, if you do any sort of installation of powered equipment in the vehicle, you're on your own.

I bought a 2013 Soul, and didn't see anything in the manual about adding radios; I asked the salesman, who (of course) didn't know, but he introduced me to the service manager.  The SM said he wasn't aware of any technical service bulletins about adding an HF radio to a Soul.  He promised that he would check and email me if he found anything relevant.  My feeling was, "they didn't say not to so it must have been OK."  :-)   As it turns out, I've never had any trouble with a radio in that Soul.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: