The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Effectiveness of SDR rsp Filters?  (Read 3960 times)
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 05:59:21 PM »

I believe the next few years of SDR development with capabilities becoming greater and prices getting lower will bode well for Amateur radio.  I am getting pretty old, but I am going to try to keep up. 
NN2X

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 07:04:46 PM »

Short answer..I compared my SDR PRO2, against my Kenwood 590S...For my end, using SSB, NR feature was better than the 590S. period...There is more granular adjustments as well..
N2DTS

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 07:09:10 PM »

But one is under $200.00 and goes up to 2 GHz...

Short answer..I compared my SDR PRO2, against my Kenwood 590S...For my end, using SSB, NR feature was better than the 590S. period...There is more granular adjustments as well..
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 07:47:01 PM »

But one is under $200.00 and goes up to 2 GHz...

I know, amazing isn't it? And UA is correct, all this bodes well for amateur radio.
K7LZR

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 10:47:33 AM »

My experience with the RSP-1 has been good. I use it for many things and among them is monitoring local traffic on both VHF & UHF. I live in an area with many commercial & ham transmitters on the surrounding mountains along with high powered FM broadcasters.

I find the front-end filtering of the RSP-1 to be acceptable. As somebody else said, control the gain manually in the RSP device control panel, and only use the preamp when needed.

I've not had much problem with out-of-band interference. I use a Caras Mfg. small magnetic loop for HF and it does a good job of rejecting out-of-band on HF. For VHF & UHF, I use a discone at about 25ft. up and it works well.

If you need additional selectivity, its easy enough to add additional filters.....

N2DTS

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2017, 11:18:58 AM »

Makes a good piece of test equipment also.
I think its got a .5 ppm clock chip and some of the software is calibrated at to amplitude, so it makes a good spectrum analyzer.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: