The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 and 15 meter bands  (Read 16500 times)
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 01:04:57 AM »

You can always find a QSO on EchoLink!  Sometimes local, sometimes on the other side of the globe.  www.EchoLink.org
AA2UK

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 10:10:03 AM »

To me WSJT or other automated handshake contact is of no value. I want a warm body and a real conversation and not just a handshake and maybe a signal report too.
Well I'm glad most don't agree with you....
Bill, AA2UK
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 06:51:42 AM »

Judging by the vast amount of growth and interest in the WSJT modes and especially after the FT8 revolution this summer, most hams seem to like this mode and method of communication.  If you hate such things, you are definitely in the minority.
WW7KE

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 11:16:58 AM »

To me WSJT or other automated handshake contact is of no value. I want a warm body and a real conversation and not just a handshake and maybe a signal report too.

But you must embrace new technologies or get left behind, right?  I remember "someone" bleating that on a constant basis in another section of this site. Wink Grin

He speaks fluent PSK31...  One QSO with him earns you 5BDXCC...  His Wouff Hong has two Wouffs... Hiram Percy Maxim called HIM "The Old Man..."  He is... The Most Interesting Ham In The World!
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 12:07:13 PM »

But you must embrace new technologies or get left behind, right?  I remember "someone" bleating that on a constant basis in another section of this site. Wink Grin

Who?
VK6IS

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2017, 05:29:09 AM »

You can always find a QSO on EchoLink!  Sometimes local, sometimes on the other side of the globe.  www.EchoLink.org

not so sure about that one - - last time I'd check in:
there was lots of OPs Listening - supposedly - - but none of them ever would Reply to Any call(s).
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2017, 09:51:56 AM »

Good opening to Europe on 12M this morning--I worked HA and T7 for new ones on 12M digital--countries 99 and 100.  Grin
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2017, 05:31:34 PM »

not so sure about that one - - last time I'd check in:
there was lots of OPs Listening - supposedly - - but none of them ever would Reply to Any call(s).

Try the conference servers.  There is usually activity on some of them!
WW7KE

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2017, 08:05:45 PM »

Who?
You're kidding, right?  Huh Roll Eyes Shocked

He speaks fluent PSK31...  One QSO with him earns you 5BDXCC...  His Wouff Hong has two Wouffs... Hiram Percy Maxim called HIM "The Old Man..."  He is... The Most Interesting Ham In The World!
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 10:25:45 AM »

10M is open to Europe--I worked an EA6 for number #97 towards 10M digital DXCC, and just now, and SV1 on 10M.  Antenna is an EDZ at 40 feet.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:42:15 AM by W1VT » Logged
KC2QYM

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2017, 07:48:12 AM »

I am a pre-programmed macro on the keyboard of a shy non conversationalist ham.  I like to get pushed regularly during a digital contact.  My biggest pre-typed feature is giving a 59 to every station we are in QSO with even if their signal stinks.  My master is working on automating our functions so that my key wont be pushed anymore.  I am afraid that I will end up in my master's junk box along with all the microphones, and other obsolete technologies in his shack.  As a matter of fact my master is setting up his computer/radio to operate completely automated so he doesn't even have to do anything.  He seems to get off reading the contact log when he returns to the shack running through the scores of other automated stations the computer has contacted.  My master spends all the time that he is not tending the station sitting on the couch in the living room watching reality TV and eating potato chips.
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2017, 07:56:49 AM »

15 is really open this morning to all of europe and middle east.
KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2017, 12:54:51 PM »

When I got my General license back in '59 I remember a lot of groundwave voice (AM then) activity on 10 meters

Why do so many amateurs constantly lament about the past?

BREAKING NEWS:

It's NOT 1959 anymore. You can't get a loaf of bread for a nickel & a gallon of gasoline is not 25 cents anymore either.................Ten meters AM went the way of the blacksmith years ago.

Tom KC0W
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2017, 01:57:23 PM »

When I got my General license back in '59 I remember a lot of groundwave voice (AM then) activity on 10 meters

BREAKING NEWS:

It's NOT 1959 anymore. You can't get a loaf of bread for a nickel & a gallon of gasoline is not 25 cents anymore either.................Ten meters AM went the way of the blacksmith years ago.

Tom KC0W

Actually there are more blacksmiths around than 10 meter AM operators. The big question is why in heck would you want to operate 10 meter AM?  Yeah, "back in the day" before the days of SSB if you want to operate phone, you operated AM,  I get that.  But those days are pretty much over.  There are still a few guys that think AM (Ancient Modulation) is the kittys meow, but not me...

Perhaps a lot of older guys remember their glory days back then when life was a lot easier and less complicated than it is now.  They remember the fun they had, and want to recreate that.  Same reason you see guys in their late 60's buying a muscle car.  Brings back old good memories of mustang Sally I guess.
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2017, 03:17:48 PM »

BREAKING NEWS:

Tom KC0W

Actually there are more blacksmiths around than 10 meter AM operators. The big question is why in heck would you want to operate 10 meter AM?  Yeah, "back in the day" before the days of SSB if you want to operate phone, you operated AM,  I get that.  But those days are pretty much over.  There are still a few guys that think AM (Ancient Modulation) is the kittys meow, but not me...

Perhaps a lot of older guys remember their glory days back then when life was a lot easier and less complicated than it is now.  They remember the fun they had, and want to recreate that.  Same reason you see guys in their late 60's buying a muscle car.  Brings back old good memories of mustang Sally I guess.
   You mean the Mustangs with the 102 inch whips??  Roll Eyes
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: