The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trolling 2  (Read 6346 times)
PLANKEYE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 05:23:00 PM »

Because trolls take away from productive work, the IDEAL response is to STARVE the troll of attention by ignoring it and going about your usual business. People being people, though, someone usually takes the bait, which is why trolls are so notorious.

Many presume that troll refers to the ugly monsters who eat people alive, but the term derives from the practice in fishing of dragging a baited hook or lure behind a moving boat (trolling).  In other words, trolls are looking for some SUCKER to bite.

___

PLANKEYE

I have heard a lot of folks complain about trolls on this website and the same folks take the bait making them a SUCKER.  You won't get rid of the trolls on this website but since you all are so concerned about them try this method.  SHUT UP don't take the bait and STARVE the troll of attention.  Don't be a troll yourself, some of you are and you know it and you love it you need to stop that behavior or stop complaining about the trolls.  This thread feeds trolls for goodness sake who can't see that?  Again my advice SHUT UP don't take the bait and STARVE the troll of attention.  If everyone takes my advice on this site it should be troll free.  Good luck.  If you don't you yourself are a troll.  You love attention.           
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 09:57:14 PM »

Agreed..

================================================
WZ7U ~ originating from CN86jc +/-

Yet another imperfect being created by THE perfect God. Thank you Jesus!
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 12:13:37 PM »

“You’re a troll!”, “no you are!”, “I know you are, but what am I?”......blah, blah.

Honestly, Plankeye doesn’t it seem pretty peaceful when a certain person (yes, there are others, but they generally have run afoul of the FCC) crawls back into his bunker and leaves us alone?

900 lb gorhilla is the “hmmmm, how can I stir up $#!+ today?” station, no matter how much you want to over analyze this.
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 06:22:41 PM »

“You’re a troll!”, “no you are!”, “I know you are, but what am I?”......blah, blah.

Honestly, Plankeye doesn’t it seem pretty peaceful when a certain person (yes, there are others, but they generally have run afoul of the FCC) crawls back into his bunker and leaves us alone?

Indeed it does. Plankeye has an agenda too, and his preaching about trolls sounds like a typical televangelist, "Do as I say, not as I do."
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2017, 07:31:57 PM »

Indeed it does. Plankeye has an agenda too, and his preaching about trolls sounds like a typical televangelist, "Do as I say, not as I do."

Shocked...... cleaning up spit up beverage........  Wink  Cheesy

W9BB

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 11:01:53 AM »

I see alot of trolling on the misc section..
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 11:52:15 AM »

I see alot of trolling on the misc section..

That section always seems to attract that behavior, owing to it's nature. Gratefully it's mostly contained to that forum, but it does leak out occasionally. I see the guy in Misc spouting about 40 meters gets the lock pretty quickly; that makes me wonder about things that I will keep to myself for now....  Wink

The trolling seems to be certain induhviduals and/or topics. Which is nothing new, unfortunately.

PLANKEYE

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 02:19:30 PM »

WZ7U

That section always seems to attract that behavior, owing to it's nature. Gratefully it's mostly contained to that forum, but it does leak out occasionally. I see the guy in Misc spouting about 40 meters gets the lock pretty quickly; that makes me wonder about things that I will keep to myself for now....  Wink

The trolling seems to be certain induhviduals and/or topics. Which is nothing new, unfortunately.

PLANKEYE

You see the guy and identified him in Misc spouting about 40 meters.  His threads get locked quickly you wonder about things that you will keep to yourself for now.... Wink.  But all of his posts in misc regarding this topic you have commented on and I think the last 2 you may have been the only one but at least the last one before it was locked.  The trolling seems to be certain individuals and/or topics.  Which is nothing new.   
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 02:58:02 PM »

Well I'm glad I'm not a troll nor do I create anger. It's just the way I am.

If you can't be anything, at least be civil. Never burn a bridge. You might have to
recross it.

Kraus

PLANKEYE

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2017, 03:07:58 PM »

THIS IS KC4ZGP

If you can't be anything, at least be civil. Never burn a bridge. You might have to
recross it.

Kraus

That is what I'm talking about.  Kraus could not of said that better. 
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2017, 03:45:20 PM »

Plank,

Thank you.

I'm going to make coffee for this evening's 1.815MHz adventure. Join me.

I use real sugar not that girlie low-cal stuff and the coffee is leaded.

Let me tell you.

Kraus
W4KYR

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2017, 03:25:28 PM »

Within these (three) locked threads contains a cryptic message...

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,116977.0.html

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,116976.0.html

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,116991.0.html

your $49 bucks that is spent for blue shirts and camera film.

I figured out the $49 part, that must refer to the ARRL. But what does "blue shirts and photo shoots"  mean?

The internet and cellphone networks are great until they go down, what then? Find out here. 
https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,111948.0.html

Using Windows 98 For Packet...
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2017, 05:06:13 PM »

Might be the staffer's shirts at Dayton, etc?  Dunno.  Camera film though, very retro and very cool.  A little tough to put the shots on the League's website, though.

WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2017, 05:11:36 PM »

Kraus

You wrote that with a straight face? The face your momma kisses?  Huh  Cheesy

KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2017, 05:47:00 AM »

7U,

You did it again. You forgot the n'yuk, n'yuk part.

Kraus
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: