The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bosch power drill; chuck rotation opposite of intended direction  (Read 2640 times)
DL8OV

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 05:07:45 AM »

OK, I don't know this particular model of drill so I'm going to ask a silly question, when you reverse direction is the control on the handle or at the pointy end?

If the control is on the handle then direction control is electronic, and you have an electrical issue somewhere. If the control is at the front then direction change is implemented through the gearbox, maybe a cog that mechanically moved from one gear train to another. On my Bosch drill the direction control is part of the gearbox, I just pulled it apart and looked.

"This should be interesting because Germans can't tolerate imperfection.  It drives them nuts." Very funny, want to buy a diesel car?

Peter DL8OV
N2NJO

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 06:15:55 AM »

The reverse switch is above the trigger where just about every drill I ever used is located.

Here is a parts diagram. There are at least TEN different versions of this model shown on their web site);
https://www.boschtoolsservice.com/Order/IPL/IPLDetails.aspx?tn=3601H66110&mn=DDS181-02&RelatedTools=3601H66110;%203601H66111;&init=1

There are also very similar model numbers for other versions which makes matters worse trying to find parts or even looking for an additional model. I ordered the ecaxt same model as a spoare and received another model with slightly different battery packs. The number was one letter off.  Roll Eyes
So much for German engineering.
N2NJO

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2017, 06:49:37 AM »

I contacted their support. The support guy I talked to says there is a microprocessor in or attached to the trigger switch. He didn't know what this large retangular component was. He had no idea why it did what it did either and will pass it up the chain.

In the mean time, I will re-open it back up, swap leads again and see what happens (without closing it up again).  Angry
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2017, 09:35:37 PM »

Peter:  No thank you.  They sound like a sewing machine!  Although it would be interesting to have a single cylinder diesel like the ones I used to watch in 1956.  They had about a 1 meter bore and fired about every two seconds. Had a big flywheel which kept the engine speed up.  Oh, they were tractors. 

Also watched road bed packers that were huge devices with handle bars similar to a motorcycle.  They would fire about every two or three  seconds and when they fired they would life off the roadbed about 1/2 meter.  While they were in the air, the operator would swing it in the direction he wanted to go. 

Very clever use of diesel power and I'm sure very economical to operate.
N2NJO

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2017, 09:38:14 AM »

Direction is electronic. The reverse switch operates a switch integrated into the speed control.

There is a epoxy sealed CB in the very bottom of the drill, just above where the battery slips in. It's kinda hidden as it blends in with everything else which is why I didn't notice it. I Re-opened the tool, swapped leads again (last time). So far its good from yesterdays test, actually using it.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: