The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Hustler 4BTV article  (Read 1102 times)
KB0EZY

Ignore
« on: October 02, 2017, 12:08:54 AM »

About 1 1/2 to 2 years ago I saw an article about a mod for the 4BTV whereby an extra trap or traps were added to a horizontal wire leading off the top to form an inverted L configuration. It was a repeat of a design which had been published even earlier on this site. I thought I had saved it but can't find it. I have a Hustler 4BTV which I want to install since my landlord made me take down my roof-mounted dipoles. At this point a vertical seems to be my only option. At present I'm off the air until I get something else installed. What I remember about the article was that it was supposed to work very well with the addition of 80/75 and even 160 meters if you had a long enough horizontal wire. Does anyone remember this design? I may or may not try that type of installation, but I'd like to look it over anyway. Any information on this would be appreciated. KB0EZY
KC7YE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 07:00:27 AM »

MR. Google is your friend . I tried hustler 4btv mods just now and its there, at least the ones I remember seeing.
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 08:34:37 AM »

Just attach your wire to the feedpoint bolt at the bottom of the vertical radiator, I have a 1/4 wl wire for 60 meters on mine, then I just run it up a nearby tree.

There are numerous "mods" for the BTV series, depending on your wants, Have fun and build.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjt34mUotLWAhXE0FQKHXGMAEYQFgg_MAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.powerlinenoise.com%2Fn0rq%2F6btv-mod%2F&usg=AOvVaw0Dm3y3mf6IN237dpN5iPXG
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 08:38:36 AM by ND6M » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: