The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: American Radio Supply  (Read 2468 times)
N5LB

Ignore
« on: October 03, 2017, 01:25:05 PM »

I ordered from them about six weeks ago and it was promptly completed and I should add that they notified of shipping and tracking.  This I considered to be very good service .

About 11 days ago I placed another order and within two days I received a notification of shipping with the tracking number.

UNFORTUNATELY, USPS only has a record of the label being created and no record of having received the package.  I think ARS created the label triggering the USPS record but somehow the package was never shipped and may be lost in their shop.

It is possible that USPS did scan it in and then they lost track-USPS reliability seems to declining.

Here's the issue, besides not receiving my order.  ARS does not respond to e-mail, nor do they respond to telephone calls.  I'm not giving up yet and will call again but I think there is reason to be concerned about goings on in Evans, GA.
N5LB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 07:12:03 AM »

Here is an update on ARS.

Sadly, the company has not returned multiple phone calls. They have not replied to multiple e-mails. I have supplied copies of the USPS site record and ARS's own site status report. 

ARS says shipped - USPS says they do not have the package with the tracking number provided by ARS.  It is now 13 days.

As far as I can tell it is possible ARS is no longer in business.

When you call it is answered by a service, one that seems competent, that takes a detailed message and then forwards to ARS. 

I am asking if ANYONE on the forum has any personal connection that can directly contact the owners of the company? 

I'd appreciate any contact information other than the phone number and e-mail contact numbers from the ARS website.

I've been ordering a number of things needed to completely rebuild my station and this is the second small ham supplier that has not shipped the merchandise ordered.  In the future all orders will use my credit card through PayPal - I'd suggest the same to anyone contemplating ordering from one of the smaller companies.

IF ARS contacts me, OR if I receive the order I will quickly update this post. 

I do not believe I am being unreasonable in either expecting what I paid for or posting the history of the transaction.
N5LB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 07:39:58 AM »

PLEASE READ

I said that I would quickly update this post.

Just moments ago Terry from ARS called and said they will reship the order.   Apparently the USPS sometimes does not scan a package into their system when received, as if they never handled the package. 

So- ARS is in business and seems to be doing fine.  It took a number of tries but they did respond this morning and that is appreciated.  Thank you.

My belief, and Terry did not imply this, is that the USPS is like most government agencies overwhelmed, understaffed and underfunded and probably they have their share of incompetence.  This is twice in a couple of months that USPS has lost a package-it seems to be moving towards routine. 

Anyway-ARS responded, they are going to make it right - that is what a customer expects.  If one day the original package does show up I will immediately return it to ARS.
N7BMW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 12:46:13 PM »

I have noticed recently that companies do not have stock but they still create a shipping label and claim that the item shipped.

Then, miraculously two weeks later the package shows up at the originating post office.  If the package shows up with the original tracking number I'll bet that they did not ship, just blamed the post office 
N1GNV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 03:07:03 PM »

My belief, and Terry did not imply this, is that the USPS is like most government agencies overwhelmed, understaffed and underfunded and probably they have their share of incompetence.  This is twice in a couple of months that USPS has lost a package-it seems to be moving towards routine. 

I don't believe that for a minute.  My company ships many hundreds of packages every month by USPS.  Lost or misdirected shipments are *EXTREMELY* rare.  In addition, they are often faster than other services, particularly for shipments to the West Coast from our Connecticut location.  In most cases, that means you get your order in three days or less without paying for special expedited shipping.  Granted, their tracking system leaves something to be desired compared to others, but overall they do a great job for us.

73, John Bee N1GNV
Quicksilver Radio Products
http://www.qsradio.com

73 de John Bee, N1GNV
Quicksilver Radio
See us at Dayton Booths 462-463-464-465-469-470-471-472
And at Hamfests throughout the East Coast and Midwest
W4OP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 03:50:45 PM »

I don't believe this either. 20+ years of shipping with USPS and never a lost package.

Dale W4OP
for PAR Electronics, Inc.
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 02:24:33 AM »

I ship 10k packages a year with usps and occasionally ups. Lost one ups package this year that showed up clear across country 2 weeks later without ever being scanned. Haven't lost a singe usps box.  None last year either.

I don't believe that for a minute.  My company ships many hundreds of packages every month by USPS.  Lost or misdirected shipments are *EXTREMELY* rare.  In addition, they are often faster than other services, particularly for shipments to the West Coast from our Connecticut location.  In most cases, that means you get your order in three days or less without paying for special expedited shipping.  Granted, their tracking system leaves something to be desired compared to others, but overall they do a great job for us.

73, John Bee N1GNV
Quicksilver Radio Products
KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 12:21:20 PM »

Terrible company.................They should change their name to American Radio SuppLIES.

I purchased a few items from them several years ago & finally received the order almost 3 months later. ZERO reply's to my numerous emails inquiring about the status of the order. Hopefully these idiots will go out of business soon. I can't believe they have hung on for this long.

Tom KC0W

N5LB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 02:04:00 PM »

I need to update based on comments above.  First, when living in TX we had the worst postal service and they frequently failed to deliver to correct address or lost. Maybe an outlier but too many neighbors had the same issues for it to be random.  So they do have their issues, and from my experience they sucked at that particular post office.

Now, ARS did ship, I received it, and yes it had the same original tracking number.  USPS tracking, which in fairness can be very good, showed the label creation date and then it was delivered to the local post office a week or so later and arrived here in two days.

So, USPS did not lose the package.  From the tracking it was never shipped. As someone noted, out of stock, maybe.  Lost in the company offices, who cares?

I think all we want as customers is honesty. Out of stock, just tell me that, it does not mean I’ll cancel the order. 

I don’t appreciate being jacked around by suppliers.   Not sure who does.
AH7I

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 08:10:29 AM »

I don't believe this either. 20+ years of shipping with USPS and never a lost package.

Dale W4OP

It's probably a locale thing. Around here, stuff goes missing. Perhaps workers are distracted?

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2017/08/30/feds-charge-16-metro-atlanta-usps-workers-with.html

73, -Bob ah7i/w4
K3EY

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 08:31:06 AM »

My belief, and Terry did not imply this, is that the USPS is like most government agencies overwhelmed, understaffed and underfunded and probably they have their share of incompetence.  This is twice in a couple of months that USPS has lost a package-it seems to be moving towards routine.

Dale W4OP

Then count your stars!

Here in SW Pennsylvania small town America I have seen the local USPS loose plenty
of items including a much needed disability check when I was laid up for a few months.

If this is implying the USPS is better than UPS or FedEx I sorely disagree!!

Curt

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: