The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Testing the TNC in a Kenwood TS2000  (Read 826 times)
AF5CC

Ignore
« on: October 04, 2017, 10:33:05 AM »

Is there an easy way to test whether the TNC in the TS2000 is working or not?  We don't have a DX cluster in town, so I can't use the DX spots function.  Will the TS2000 decode APRS data, and if so, how do I have to set that up?

Also, I have a Kenwood TH-D7A HT that does packet.  Is there a way to set it up to send a message to the TS2000 that the TS2000 could decode if the TNC was working?  I am trying to get the TS2000 going on Sky Command, and I have all the settings correct, as far as I can see, but I can't get it working, and I am wondering if the TNC in the TS2000 isn't working correctly.  The TH-D7A is decoding other's APRS messages, so it is decoding ok, and when I try to start Sky Command, the TH-D7A does sent out a packet burst, and the TS2000 shows that it is receiving the signal on the subreceiver, but it never seems to send any data back to the TH-D7A.

Any help on how to test the TNC in the TS2000 would be most appreciated.

73 John AF5CC
K0BT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 11:56:59 AM »

This might be helpful.  http://wa8lmf.net/bruninga/aprs/skycommand-kwd.txt
AF5CC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 09:52:18 PM »

thanks for the link. I have seen that before. I followed it completely and still can't get Sky Command to work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: