The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3C0L/3C1L  (Read 23833 times)
N6ORB

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: November 07, 2017, 07:42:00 PM »

I'm glad they've been spending a lot of time on 20M phone the past few days. Finally got them this afternoon for my #280. First ATNO in about a year. I wish they'd done the same thing on Annobon, one I wasn't able to get.

Dave, N6ORB
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: November 07, 2017, 08:41:02 PM »

Something ISN'T Right

3C1L on 40m CW in 2 (count em) 2 calls

I need to go buy a lottery ticket.
KK7JS

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: November 08, 2017, 04:09:36 AM »

Nice signal last night on 80m, loudest I'd heard them on any band. Got lucky and was about the third one through when they QSYed there from 40m. Heard several other familiar calls get through, including W2IRT. Congrats to all.

This, along with VK9MA this a.m., has made it a great 80m day despite the lousy A and K indices.
VK3MEG

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: November 08, 2017, 09:42:54 PM »

JA and EU, especially Asia, have just as much right to a qso as anyone. Be glad you don't live somewhere in the OC region. They are really getting the short end of the prop stick.

you bet it sucks being in vk3 atm thanks to la7gia ken when he went to 3c i got a slot its even harder for me with  100w . lucky i'm not hard core chasing any more my head would have a permanent bruise from banging it on the desk. vk9ar which i would love is even a struggle. any way enough  complaining
N5MOA

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: November 09, 2017, 03:35:56 AM »

3C1L log update, last qso in log 11/9, 03:15z
V47JA

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: November 09, 2017, 10:11:58 AM »

Hi,

Life is good, my "one and done" is there.

John
W9BB

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: November 09, 2017, 10:22:25 AM »

Hi,

Life is good, my "one and done" is there.

John

Cool beans John....that is all that is needed to check it off the initial "need" bucket list....Congrats....
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: November 09, 2017, 11:23:05 AM »

The updated log confirms my 160m 3C1L QSO, which required *many* hours in the pileups. Including confirmed 30m and 160m QSOs with 3C0L, that's 3 new Challenge points! Many thanks to YL3AIW and YL2GM for great operations under difficult conditions both on the ground and over the airwaves.
W9BB

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: November 09, 2017, 07:12:02 PM »

Heard today, no more 160 (as they are leaving the 12th).  So, not complaining or "whining", but that is what it is.  Sadly, was hoping for more low band time...next time...
N5VYS

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: November 09, 2017, 07:45:29 PM »

So were I. And when they were loud here in STX the kids were also out in full strength!

Obie N5VYS
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: November 10, 2017, 04:44:32 PM »

Thanks. Yeah, I really wanted 80. That one I'm quite sure of, no thanks to the DQRMing @#$%oles tuning/ditting on the QRG. You're also not wrong about them not seeking out the difficult paths that have propagation. I've said it so many times, if I go on a DXpedition someday I will actively seek out the tougher paths during the few hours they're open, then just work the hordes when they have an exclusive shot the rest of the day. It's one thing to be in the logs on the higher bands. Lowband skill (and luck) is the mark of a good DXer. I'll take a sweep of the low bands vs the upper bands any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Good luck with that. I have found that the only way to control the EU hordes is with a big signal and a big stick. Any time the band is open to EU, enough of the bad apples will feel so entitled to multiple QSO (and multiple dupes in the case of some as noted above) that they will keep calling and disrupt anyone else who is trying to be heard. Most certainly not ALL the EU ops are bad, but there are so many of them that the small percentage that are can cause mayhem. I still see "Grandpas behaving badly" from NA at times.
This DXpedition will not make my log. Thankfully I did make a few QSO to 3C1 and one to 3C0 over the recent solar peak. In fact, I worked every entity in Africa in the past several years - except Libya. This year I counted just 4 QSO with Africa in my log.
N9KX

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: November 10, 2017, 09:42:12 PM »

from DXpedition's website:

November 8 - Update
IK0 callsign replied. In short, he justifies dupe QSOs with the late uploads of our logs and uncertainty of success of the QSOs. Suggests us involving sattelite Internet to upload logs in "professional" manner. And says he would involve lawyers if we don't remove the post mentioning him, because now he receives angry emails from other HAMs.
Our public reply: Dear all, please do not insult anyone. Dear IK0___: as we have written on October 15, you (and others) should not call us if you don't hear us. Confirmation of successful 2-way QSO should be heard on the airwaves, instead of relying on (near) real-time log on the Internet. Which is nice to have, but in no way mandatory and primary goal of DX pedition. Of course we realise, that time to time sudden QRM or QSB prevents the other party from successfully copying the end of the QSO and dupe QSOs can happen later. But for some reason this happens to you 6-7 times more often than to the majority of other HAMs who has 0 or 1 dupe QSO in our log. And also timeliness of online log uploads has nothing to do with you calling us when we call "CQ JA/AS", which you don't mention in your email at all.

that last line made me burst our laughing Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin

i myself struck out trying to work 3C0L but earlier today (Friday) i was able to work 3C1L on CW  
with me working them with my modest station, rest assured: these guys are good!

W9BB

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: November 10, 2017, 10:23:43 PM »

Yeah, I don't honestly feel they should posted that with the Italian's callsign...I noted they never deleted it either....so who knows where that is going...
N9KX

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: November 10, 2017, 10:32:23 PM »

i doubt lawyers can do someone any good if what is posted about them was observation or fact (and thus not slander) ...
W9BB

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: November 10, 2017, 10:40:01 PM »

Saber rattling if you ask me....either way, fun operation, wish i could have snagged them on 160 but no joy....fun while it lasted...they start packing up tomorrow...not "whining" or complaining, jus an observation and from what has been stated elsewhere...

Cheers
Pages: Prev 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: