The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 160 Meter Inverted L Question: Is 117' Enough?  (Read 2362 times)
WB4MDX

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 09:30:50 AM »

Your inverted L can easily accommodate the full length by allowing the last few feet to drop downward with a weight on it.  It tunes very well.  It can even be an inverted U or inverted J.  Just fit it on your lot.  Take a look at the info on my eham page.  Easily get all bands with a second wire and a trap. My radials are about 85 ft long. You can also search my call on RBN to get an idea how well it works on 160.  Look forward to hearig you on 160. Jay. wb4mdx
WB2NGX

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 03:28:23 PM »

I have an inverted L on my 90 ft. crank up tower. It's coax fed with one of those W2DU baluns. The vertical height of the antenna varies depending on where I have the tower.
Honestly I've never noticed any difference in performance when the tower is at 40' or 70'
The only things I have noticed between varying the height is the SWR and the band width changes a little.
So with that I'm going to say don't sweat it. It will work fine. Also I don't have any ground radials or any type of counterpoise. The ground side of the balun is grounded to the tower.

Joe WB2NGX
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 03:32:39 PM by WB2NGX » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: