The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is req'd to upload a QRZ log to LOTW?  (Read 1458 times)
KD0ZGW

Ignore
« on: October 13, 2017, 10:21:26 AM »

Been operating about 2-1/2 years.  Figured it was time to start using LOTW which appears to be the most widely used log.

Thx in advance for advice.

KD0ZGW
KS2G

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 02:55:10 PM »

Export your QRZ log to an ADIF file ... and upload that file to LoTW using TQSL.

Q: How do I export my QSOs to an ADIF log file?

A: ONLY QRZ SUBSCRIBERS HAVE THIS CAPABILITY. 
If you have a QRZ Subscription, There are two ways to accomplish this:

1) To export all QSOs in this logbook: 
From the logbook, select "Control Panel" and then select the
"Export" button under the "ADIF Import/Export" heading.
The instructions there will walk you through the rest the rest of the process.

2) To export a filtered set of QSOs: From the logbook, click "Show Filte
r Options." After applying the filter parameters you wish to apply, select "Export Results" from the "Menu" dropdown at the top of the "Filter Options" pane.
KC1BMD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 05:25:09 PM »

If you care about confirmed QSO credit at all, consider importing to QRZ from LoTW, instead of the opposite direction. The reason is that QSO's confirmed in LoTW are automatically confirmed in QRZ logbook - but - QSO's confirmed in QRZ logbook are not automatically confirmed in LoTW. I use the older free (Simon Brown) version 5 of HRD to log QSO's. Then it's a simple matter from there to export to LoTW (and eQSL if you like). Then in QRZ, I import LoTW QSO's. Sounds a bit complicated but works fairly well for me.
KS2G

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 07:12:21 PM »

If you care about confirmed QSO credit at all, consider importing to QRZ from LoTW, instead of the opposite direction. The reason is that QSO's confirmed in LoTW are automatically confirmed in QRZ logbook - but - QSO's confirmed in QRZ logbook are not automatically confirmed in LoTW.

Two separate systems -- with separate requirements.

Despite its name, Logbook of the World (LoTW) isn't intended to be a logbook -- it's a system for electronically confirming contacts for ARRL awards, and a couple of others. So, LoTW confirms only contacts that both parties to the QSO have uploaded the contact data to LoTW. So it won't confirm contacts based on data from "outside" sources, like QRZ Logbook or EQSL.

QRZ is designed to be a logbook system, with it's own awards and parameters for qualifying for them -- and accepts contacts confirmed on LoTW as confirmed for its own purposes. But contacts confirmed in QRZ Logbook aren't confirmed in LoTW unless both parties to the contact have submitted their info directly to LoTW.

So if you want electronic confirmations that quality for ARRL awards, you have to submit QSO data to LoTW

KC1BMD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 07:23:35 PM »

Yes, two separate systems... but the fact remains that LoTW does not accept QSO confirmation from QRZ, but QRZ does accept QSO confirmation from LoTW. That's all I was saying. Then there is eQSL, yet another system. It's too bad there isn't one unified system but I guess that would be asking too much.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 07:26:57 PM by KC1BMD » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: