The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC-737A On the Fritz  (Read 1504 times)
N4DCT

Ignore
« on: October 16, 2017, 07:51:52 PM »

I have an Icom 737A that has worked beautifully until today. Now, when I turn the rig on it starts making all of these clicking noises and I noticed that both antenna selector lights are lit and the screen is blinking rapidly. Eventually, the screen goes blank but the clicking persists.

I turned the radio off, did a master reset, nothing changed. I unplugged everything from the back to make sure my interfaces weren't going haywire. No change.

I hope this is a simple fix as I definitely do not have money to buy a rig at this point in life.

Does anyone have any ideas?
VE7REN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 05:53:20 PM »

is here any sign of electrical odour? and have you given a look under the case to see if you can hear or see where the clicking is coming from?

is the radio getting a full 13.8 volts,or did the supply crap out on it?

lets start here.
N4DCT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 05:45:33 AM »

I hook it up to a deep cycle marine battery on a full charge. No odors, I haven't had the radio on with the case open to see where the clicking is coming from, manual says specifically not to do that...
K4JJL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 08:06:30 AM »

I hook it up to a deep cycle marine battery on a full charge. No odors, I haven't had the radio on with the case open to see where the clicking is coming from, manual says specifically not to do that...

If you're troubleshooting a radio with the case on, you're gonna have a bad time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: